• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's Updated TPB List - Updated 1-21 - Big Discounts This Week!

256 posts in this topic

Well, his ISP must not be completely dead. His last update on his site was March 1st. Here is his info for everyone who wants to figure out what is going on.

Call: 612-822-2806 Store Hours: Wed-Fri 12-7pm, Sat-Tue 12-5pm USA Central Time

confused.gif

He doesn't have a store or a website.

popcorn.gif
and the number listed is for Minnesota, House is in Texas.
In fact the info provided is for Nostalgia Zone .

russ, you are confusing me. confused.gif

Well, his ISP must not be completely dead. His last update on his site was March 1st. Here is his info for everyone who wants to figure out what is going on.

Call: 612-822-2806 Store Hours: Wed-Fri 12-7pm, Sat-Tue 12-5pm USA Central Time

confused.gif

He doesn't have a store or a website.

popcorn.gif
and the number listed is for Minnesota, House is in Texas.
In fact the info provided is for Nostalgia Zone .

russ, you are confusing me. confused.gif

hey, Nostalgia Zone is okay in my book...

I am a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Sorry. I, nevermind. I just typed in Lighthouse Comics in google and that is the search reference that came back. I figured he had a site. I need to stop drinking.

hail.gif

I am a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Sorry. I, nevermind. I just typed in Lighthouse Comics in google and that is the search reference that came back. I figured he had a site. I need to stop drinking.

hail.gif

Let's get a beer.

thumbsup2.gif

I'll drink to that! Uh, wait, yeah, why not?

i really don't understand why people chose deliberaly to buy from him, when they are aware of this type of situation... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifforeheadslap.gif

good luck

tongue.gifregards

Seriously. How many time has this happened? confused.gif

Well, how many individual transactions has 'House had? confused-smiley-013.gif

Like Rob said, someone with the time (and ambition) should put together a "record" of Lighthouse's transgressions. Needless to say, it is almost his standard operating procedure to take orders, get people's money, and then disappear for months on end.

Sadly, the last time this happened, people were still defending him out of some misguided sense of brotherhood or something. I wonder if we'll see that AGAIN this time.

I've only heard of two times when this happened. Once was when I first came around here. I think it was also affecting ebay at the time too because he made some offer of free TPB's if you left feedback right away before getting the books for his new ebay ID. The second time is now. I don't know how many people were affected either time.

I don't have any great familiarity with House, but those that do that I've conversed with confirmed my thoughts that while he's not necessarily the most prompt, that he's not out to rip anyone off. As always YMMV (your mileage may vary). I think it's just a matter of commitment. I've been in similar situations and it's easy to shirk online responsibilities since they're not "in your face". Doesn't make it right, but it is easier.

Like Rob said, someone with the time (and ambition) should put together a "record" of Lighthouse's transgressions. Needless to say, it is almost his standard operating procedure to take orders, get people's money, and then disappear for months on end.

Sadly, the last time this happened, people were still defending him out of some misguided sense of brotherhood or something. I wonder if we'll see that AGAIN this time.

Here are the facts as I know them. No spin -- just facts.

Over the past few years he's done hundreds of transactions with people on the boards.

When this happened last time I asked for board members to contact me and I would try to get their stuff squared away. From the number of people who were piling on back then I expected to get flooded.

I got PMs from a total of 12 people he owed merchandise to. Ten got refunds, two said he could take care of it when he got around to it, one was never heard from again.

He still has 30 pre-paid sets of Jim Lee Supermans to get to folks. As far as I know he is still planning to mail these out (considering I dropped off 120 issues to him back in January).

I was one of the ones who House owed about $150 worth of stuff. I said I would wait until he was ready to work it out. We exchanged a couple e-mails, but it is still up in the air. I didn't want someone else to assume his debt, this is between him and I.

That being said, I did not order anything from this latest round of offerings because of my unsettled debt with him.

House has not posted in almost a months time, regardless of an excuse about internet trouble. There are plenty of places to send quick e-mails/PMs. It basically comes down to sloppy book-keeping, which is something he should have addressed before offering more books for sale.

I like House as a person, but ...

Over the past few years he's done hundreds of transactions with people on the boards.

When this happened last time I asked for board members to contact me and I would try to get their stuff squared away. From the number of people who were piling on back then I expected to get flooded.

I got PMs from a total of 12 people he owed merchandise to. Ten got refunds, two said he could take care of it when he got around to it, one was never heard from again.

He still has 30 pre-paid sets of Jim Lee Supermans to get to folks. As far as I know he is still planning to mail these out (considering I dropped off 120 issues to him back in January).

...and what about the thousands of bucks he scammed off people here to invest in his TPB empire,...when do they get paid back?.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

...and what about the thousands of bucks he scammed off people here to invest in his TPB empire,...when do they get paid back?.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

tonofbricks.gif

tonofbricks.gif

...tip of the iceburg,....

You know it's hard out here fo' a pimp confused-smiley-013.gif

The thing that gets me is, didn't he kind of rip/tick people off, then make amends and then come back, and now is basically ripping/ticking people off again?

To me, and this is just me but shouldn't this type of behavior make him UNABLE to post in the marketplace again?

Sure, they ban shills and what not, but if this guy is really taking people's money and getting away with it, then he really shouldn't be allowed to post.

Just my 2 nickels.

The thing that gets me is, didn't he kind of rip/tick people off, then make amends and then come back, and now is basically ripping/ticking people off again?

To me, and this is just me but shouldn't this type of behavior make him UNABLE to post in the marketplace again?

Sure, they ban shills and what not, but if this guy is really taking people's money and getting away with it, then he really shouldn't be allowed to post.

Just my 2 nickels.

That's a pretty danged good point. One that I hadn't considered, honestly...

I mean hey, my pay to play contests got some people pissed off. So, they made a rule about it and I stuck to it. While I don't think they have rules about ripping people off (goes without saying it shouldn't be allowed) they should have them and be enforced.

If I ripped someone off on here, or failed to deliver goods in a acceptable amount of time do I really think I would be allowed to post again? No, not ever. Now, if I come on, make amends swallow my pride and say sorry, sure everyone deserves a 2nd chance. If I screw up again, stick me and toss me on the BBQ I am done.

Maybe I am going off the handle too far, but if there is one thing I can not stand in this online world is it this.

You sell something, you ship something. Easy as that. If your a scammer or lazy, you can so sell you [embarrassing lack of self control] at the flea market because I will not have it.