• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's Updated TPB List - Updated 1-21 - Big Discounts This Week!

256 posts in this topic

What I loved is that my client, the clearly largest debtor, was clearly the lowest priority. When the other board member I know personally got paid back first, he said he felt terrible that my client didn't get the money first. My client has basically felt jerked around from the beginning.

What I loved is that my client, the clearly largest debtor, was clearly the lowest priority. When the other board member I know personally got paid back first, he said he felt terrible that my client didn't get the money first. My client has basically felt jerked around from the beginning.

That seems to be the rule rather than the exception with him, don't you think? I got some free books from him once as a "prize" from a contest and he was VERY fast in delivery... meanwhile, his PAYING customers wait months upon months for stuff they actually paid for.

I can't wait for his next "resurrection".

..this makes Rocketteer very sad,... frown.gif

I would imagine the reason for that is him thinking “it's better to have one person pissed at me than twenty“. I can see the logic in it but it's not acceptable either way. Infact if he owed one person a large sum then that should have been his priority. I would rather be out a few bucks in the knowledge that someone else isn't out hundreds.

I actually understood the logic too... it was just frustrating that my client got no money at all... and someone else was getting a sizable portion paid back... it simply wasn't fair... but really the problem was, at the time, lack of communication. Now it's happened again. What are we supposed to do? It's not our burden to have to do all this work just to track down a guy to get the money he owes. We have no obligation to do anything other than get paid back... and there's no grey here... House should have long ago used every cent he had to get as much as he could into my client's hands. Hell borrow it from his wife. Whatever. It's just too much time has gone by.

what a class act. does this guy maybe have personal problems that distract him or cloud his ability to do business?

I think either it is entirely innocent or not.

Perhaps he has too much on his plate. Trying to do too much at once. On the other hand, perhaps this is the standard operating procedure for him.

what a class act. does this guy maybe have personal problems that distract him or cloud his ability to do business?

I think either it is entirely innocent or not.

Perhaps he has too much on his plate. Trying to do too much at once. On the other hand, perhaps this is the standard operating procedure for him.

that is what i think. some people take too much upon themselves.

This is screwed up...yet again... foreheadslap.gif

And this time I suppose the "family problems" argument trotted out repeatedly last time, and frankly used in a manner that shamed waiting buyers to a certain extent, is looking more and more as nothing but a convienent excuse for LH to procrastinate and screw over those who bought in good faith...

Why people didn't learn the first time, and I'm counting three instances now, is beyond me... makepoint.gif

Jim

Why people didn't learn the first time, and I'm counting three instances now, is beyond me... makepoint.gif

Jim

Everybody loves a bargain, Jim.

True...but it's only a bargain if you don't factor the frustration level and time associated with waiting to see if you've been had...

It's goes to the basis of a deal...no bargain I know of has the wait and excuse factor this dealer has put people through...

If he wasn't a Forum member, a well liked one from those who've met him, he'd have been tarred and feathered a year ago. But then again, you could say that about most confidence grifters... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Jim

Everybody loves a bargain, Jim.

True...but it's only a bargain if you don't factor the frustration level and time associated with waiting to see if you've been had...

It's goes to the basis of a deal...no bargain I know of has the wait and excuse factor this dealer has put people through...

If he wasn't a Forum member, a well liked one from those who've met him, he'd have been tarred and feathered a year ago. But then again, you could say that about most confidence grifters... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Oh, I realize that. I was merely pointing out that when offered a "bargain", people tend to have short memories.

Answering questions in order posted... I only have about 27 minutes before I leave for work. I'll get to remaining questions when I get home tonight.

Answering questions in order posted... I only have about 27 minutes before I leave for work. I'll get to remaining questions when I get home tonight.

Well this should be enlightening... sleeping.gif

Jim