• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's Updated TPB List - Updated 1-21 - Big Discounts This Week!

256 posts in this topic

Hey, lighthouse, considering I paid for books 6 weeks ago and haven't got them, and considering I've PMed you twice since asking about them and you haven't responded, I'm going to guess I'm out of luck huh?

Your package went out last night around 11:30pm from the local airport Post Office. In addition, I'll be providing a full refund via PayPal by tomorrow. Your box was made up weeks ago, but was left behind by mistake. My mistake.

foreheadslap.gif

Here we go again.....

Not even close Brian... the stack of delayed shipments totalled just eight. And only two were delayed more than three weeks. That's not even a tremor compared to my previous issues...

foreheadslap.gif

Here we go again.....

Isn't there a 2 month time limit before we can complain about Lighthouse not sending out stuff ?.

I mean I ordered a few 100 books about 6-7 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure he hasn't even begun packing them confused-smiley-013.gif

flowerred.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Here we go again.....

Not even close Brian... the stack of delayed shipments totalled just eight. And only two were delayed more than three weeks. That's not even a tremor compared to my previous issues...

That's eight too many...

Jim

yeah, i don't know how i feel about this. i am trying to understand that the guy's got things going on, but i would have liked to know beforehand if it was going to take six weeks to get something...his initial post says he's going out of town on the 28th of Jan, but he doesn't mention how long he's going to be gone for. more than a month, apparently.

which leaves people in the cold, especially those who paid via Paypal and expected their books to go out before Feb...doubly especially when he's not logging on - or not able to log on - and check pm's, which is the only way i have to get in touch with him outside of a letter...

i'd just like to have some information explaining what's going on here

Your package also went out last night, but it wasn't the first time I had sent it. I have no idea what happened to your original envelope. I was able to replace two of the three trades (I didn't have a second copy of the Ultimates 2). If you ever get the first shipment (which had my only copy) feel free to donate the two extra books to charity. You'll also be getting a full refund via PayPal by tomorrow.

As for the timetable on being gone, it essentially breaks down this way:

Jan 28-31: In Sarasota

Feb 1-14: In Austin on business (without internet the first nine days or so because of problems at the Candlewood)

Feb 14: Car wreck, major damage to car, minor damage to House (other guy's fault, still deciding on need for a lawyer)

Feb 14-20: unable to work due to injury

Feb 15-17: getting caught up on emails and PMs, internet connection acting up, call out service tech (longtime readers will be looking for a mention of a "blown tap port" here, but that wasn't the problem)

Feb 18-23: Time Warner techs come out six times trying to rebalance the signal. Each tech undoes what the previous tech had done. None of them leave notes. Internet lasts about an hour after each tech leaves then goes out again.

Feb 24: Supertech arrives and fixes problem for "good".

Feb 25-28: Working 12-15 hours a day on International Sleep Products show, spending two hours of free time each day arguing with insurance company about accident.

Feb 28: Log in to CGC boards to send a PM to Donut. Internet dies again.

Mar 1: Entire day spent packing for trip to Portland.

Mar 2-7: In Portland. Supertech returns sometimes during this and fixes problem, probably for good, not "good".

Mar 8: Spend two hours in the AM going over records on unsent packages, then ship them out after work.

Mar 9: Answering posts in the early AM, then working, then answering more posts in the PM.

You guys never learn. smirk.gif

Actually I think the folks on these boards do learn. Probably better than most. Heck, I have three customers who order from me who tell me they hope I will have a meltdown just so they get free stuff. poke2.gif

It's like buying a ticket for a flight that is frequently oversold just hoping you get bumped... stooges.gif

yeah, i don't know how i feel about this. i am trying to understand that the guy's got things going on, but i would have liked to know beforehand if it was going to take six weeks to get something...his initial post says he's going out of town on the 28th of Jan, but he doesn't mention how long he's going to be gone for. more than a month, apparently.

which leaves people in the cold, especially those who paid via Paypal and expected their books to go out before Feb...doubly especially when he's not logging on - or not able to log on - and check pm's, which is the only way i have to get in touch with him outside of a letter...

i'd just like to have some information explaining what's going on here

Your package also went out last night, but it wasn't the first time I had sent it. I have no idea what happened to your original envelope. I was able to replace two of the three trades (I didn't have a second copy of the Ultimates 2). If you ever get the first shipment (which had my only copy) feel free to donate the two extra books to charity. You'll also be getting a full refund via PayPal by tomorrow.

As for the timetable on being gone, it essentially breaks down this way:

Jan 28-31: In Sarasota

Feb 1-14: In Austin on business (without internet the first nine days or so because of problems at the Candlewood)

Feb 14: Car wreck, major damage to car, minor damage to House (other guy's fault, still deciding on need for a lawyer)

Feb 14-20: unable to work due to injury

Feb 15-17: getting caught up on emails and PMs, internet connection acting up, call out service tech (longtime readers will be looking for a mention of a "blown tap port" here, but that wasn't the problem)

Feb 18-23: Time Warner techs come out six times trying to rebalance the signal. Each tech undoes what the previous tech had done. None of them leave notes. Internet lasts about an hour after each tech leaves then goes out again.

Feb 24: Supertech arrives and fixes problem for "good".

Feb 25-28: Working 12-15 hours a day on International Sleep Products show, spending two hours of free time each day arguing with insurance company about accident.

Feb 28: Log in to CGC boards to send a PM to Donut. Internet dies again.

Mar 1: Entire day spent packing for trip to Portland.

Mar 2-7: In Portland. Supertech returns sometimes during this and fixes problem, probably for good, not "good".

Mar 8: Spend two hours in the AM going over records on unsent packages, then ship them out after work.

Mar 9: Answering posts in the early AM, then working, then answering more posts in the PM.

You don't need Internet to send out pre-paided packages... makepoint.gif

Jim

I have a phone number for TJ Pitts, but I will simply say I am extremely angry right now about the situation, and am patiently waiting for a call back after leaving him a message. If not, I can assure you, everyone here will get a very public rendition about what's been going on with him.

The CGC books we talked about went out last night via Priority Mail. You should have them on Friday. I'll get with you on the other books later today.

To be completely honest, I never did receive a phone message. I see that you sent a PM (maybe 2) but I never got a voicemail.

Hey you guys what's the problem?

I had him send me the trades then I sent him the money order.

That was the deal he offered everybody wasn't it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone who had been a board member since 2004, yes...

I have to say though i did get my book late, it showed up.

Glad to hear it made it okay. I bought some new boxes that I thought would work well for Air Letter shipping to Canada. Glad to hear that they did.

Hey you guys what's the problem?

I had him send me the trades then I sent him the money order.

That was the deal he offered everybody wasn't it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone who had been a board member since 2004, yes...

Why the priority on old members? Old money is as good as new...no?

Jim

I will also vouch for Mr House. I bought two seperate lots from him. I was particulary anxious on one, but he came through. We're all different and have different schedules. Probably the best thing is to send emails or PM's to remind him. It may take a while, but it'll be alright. His prices are pretty good for the most part, it's not like anyone here has a lack of things to read, is it?

Vouching for Mr House can be dangerous... especially when Supapimp comes calling to say I owe him $1200 in product... (just ask Stronguy gossip.gif)

Glad you were happy with the books. I tried to pack them for a hurricane...

(and for those keeping track at home, my 25 minutes is up, but I called my work to let them know I would be late)

My story has nothing to do with this round of auctions or these books for sale. This is the tip of the iceburg and not the first time he's engaged in this type of behavior. Right now, still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Absolutely correct on both counts. And it's certainly not the first time I have been a couple weeks late with a couple shipments. It probably won't be the last, unfortunately. I am still working on finding someone locally to assist me with package shipments, and found a couple college students willing to work for product, but schedules haven't worked out yet. It would certainly be cheaper for me to regularly pay a starving college student in comics to assist me than to occasionally have to give away entire orders because of my own incompetence.

Foolkiller always has the good stories.

Did he ever tell you the one about the parrot that used to belong to a brothel? That one is my favorite.... cloud9.gif

ohhhh Golly, gee wiz. I guess that I know why I haven't gotten my book ............ or a reply to my pm.

Your package also went out last night. thumbsup2.gif

My story has nothing to do with this round of auctions or these books for sale. This is the tip of the iceburg and not the first time he's engaged in this type of behavior. Right now, still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Absolutely correct on both counts. And it's certainly not the first time I have been a couple weeks late with a couple shipments. It probably won't be the last, unfortunately. I am still working on finding someone locally to assist me with package shipments, and found a couple college students willing to work for product, but schedules haven't worked out yet. It would certainly be cheaper for me to regularly pay a starving college student in comics to assist me than to occasionally have to give away entire orders because of my own incompetence.

Incompetence which has become the mantra repeatedly, with excuses to match, over the last two years...

You are making all Forum sellers look bad by your continual disregard for buyers here...you can yell to the rafters of your problems but your actions have clearly, and repeatedly, spoken for you... makepoint.gif

Jim

Maybe he is busy with his $640000 worth of submissions or 8000 books, give or take 1000. yeahok.gif

Actually I was busy with my $6,400,000 worth of submissions to PCGGAGX 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, it seems he's done well with the 300 slabs he had. I ordered 4 TPBs/OGNs on January 27th and haven't got them. See, now THAT is irritating. Between now and me buying those TPBs, he has put hundreds of slabs up for sale and sent some out. Which means he flat out ignored me.

Actually none were sent out before your package. And well over half the books listed as "sold" on that thread have not yet been paid for. Some will ship out in advance of payment and some we're still haggling over shipping methods and bulk deals. But none went out before your stuff.

How exactly does 300 slabs become $640,000.00 worth of CGC bills? Sorry about your luck DKB, that is poop on a stick.

When you give instructions that they are to keep grading them until they get to 9.8 of course... foreheadslap.gif