• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's Updated TPB List - Updated 1-21 - Big Discounts This Week!

256 posts in this topic

I paid for the superman series back before I went on leave. Still havent seen the books or my $60 back. Actually gave up on it when my PM's and emails never got answered. frustrated.gif

I just finished unpacking two boxes of missing Lee issues. I will be contacting all the Lee customers by the end of the week, probably in a separate post. I may need some help locating some folks, I know lots of people here have changed handles and I have all my records by board id.

After reading this thread, I have to say that there are no excuses for this. Several people have mentioned that he had something going on but that shouldn't matter. Don't sell if you can't follow through.

Agreed.

I paid for the superman series back before I went on leave. Still havent seen the books or my $60 back. Actually gave up on it when my PM's and emails never got answered. frustrated.gif

I just finished unpacking two boxes of missing Lee issues.

A year later...real big of ya...

Jim

so is foolkiller going to crack the iceberg today?

Unlikely. He is bound to act in the best interests of his client, and right now that wouldn't be... confused-smiley-013.gif

Props on the correct spelling of iceberg, though. thumbsup2.gif

The last thing I heard from him was that his internet connection was on the fritz. I don't know if that means it was not working at all or that it was just up and down all the time. He is not ducking selected PMs (as far as I know) -- he is not able respond.

Actually the last thing you heard from me was me offering to "love you long time" for a tuna shake... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Get it right. mad.gif

After reading this thread, I have to say that there are no excuses for this. Several people have mentioned that he had something going on but that shouldn't matter. Don't sell if you can't follow through.

Agreed.

It's a little past the self-flagellation point...

Jim

Hello everyone that has concerns for getting there product or there money back from House!

First let me state that he has had 110.00 dollars of my money for some Superman books that I bought from him which seems like the 12th of never!

He has told me when I go to the Emerald City Con he will square away for me and add a little to make up for the super hugh frickin delay!

I was ripped off for 2125.00 for a CGC book this last spring and am feeling rather angry at the moment about seeing this going on again about House! It just seems to be adding fuel to the fire for me!!!!!!!

I will be happy to ask House for anyone that he has not squared away with when I go to the Emerald City Con about your product that was ordered or how much you might be owed! I am not sure what I can do for you but I will surly do my best and if I am able to retrieve the product there or a refund for you I will get the product for you and ship it out to you for House and all I ask for in return is you reimburse me for the shipping, paypal!

Please PM me and when I get back I will have the story on your situation as to what has been done or could be done! I will let you know I recieved your PM!

I of course wont be able to do anything if House isnt at the Emerald City Con

Davidking623

As of right now, it looks like 50-50 on whether I make it to Emerald City. But I will settle up with you by then regardless...

I just finished unpacking two boxes of missing Lee issues.

A year later...real big of ya...

Jim

Damn Jim, you are just rolling them out this morning. poke2.gif

yeah, i don't know how i feel about this. i am trying to understand that the guy's got things going on, but i would have liked to know beforehand if it was going to take six weeks to get something...his initial post says he's going out of town on the 28th of Jan, but he doesn't mention how long he's going to be gone for. more than a month, apparently.

which leaves people in the cold, especially those who paid via Paypal and expected their books to go out before Feb...doubly especially when he's not logging on - or not able to log on - and check pm's, which is the only way i have to get in touch with him outside of a letter...

i'd just like to have some information explaining what's going on here

Your package also went out last night, but it wasn't the first time I had sent it. I have no idea what happened to your original envelope. I was able to replace two of the three trades (I didn't have a second copy of the Ultimates 2). If you ever get the first shipment (which had my only copy) feel free to donate the two extra books to charity. You'll also be getting a full refund via PayPal by tomorrow.

if i get two packages from you i will send the second back on my dime. the Ultimates2 book is the one i really wanted, though. oh well, c'est la vie....might i suggest in the future a PM stating a member's package has gone out?

thanks, 'house

I just finished unpacking two boxes of missing Lee issues. I will be contacting all the Lee customers by the end of the week, probably in a separate post. I may need some help locating some folks, I know lots of people here have changed handles and I have all my records by board id.

Woo Hooo!! 893applaud-thumb.gif I might get to read the Lee series finally! Not holding breath! confused-smiley-013.gif

I feel really sorry for all the people here out of money.

I've only been here a few months and it was my understanding that all forum members could be trusted, i guess that isn't the case. Obviously this is the internet and anyone can scam you but i wouldn't expect that from someone of "Lighthouse's" standing on these boards.

It kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth as from reading this thread it appears this wasn't the first time something like this happened with him and there is no way for newbies to know that.

I think an eBay feedback system on these boards would really help as how am i suppose to know who is trustworthy here? I've dealt with a few people and so far everything seems to have gone okay but that could easily change.

Ask yourself if you would deal with someone with 0 feedback on eBay? Well those of us who deal with others here are doing just that everyday. I pride myself on my 100% feedback on eBay and it would be great for something similar here.

Best of luck to the people who are out of money. Of course this appears to a rare occurence which is great, unless you are one of the unlucky ones.

Matt

What's tough about that is that unlike Ewert and Dupcak and the rest, nobody who deals with me winds up out any money. Well over 95% of the deals I do here go very smoothly. Prices are always good. Packing is always great. I am always very flexible in making complicated deals work. I always eat part of the shipping cost...

The 1-4% of deals that do not go smoothly wind up with some sort of delay, and depending on the length of delay, they may include some personal frustration and anger. Some delays are short. Some are explained in advance. Some blow up into "Where the [embarrassing lack of self control] is Lighthouse" threads. But in every case, they are resolved. I always make good. Go through the kudos threads and you will find hundreds of positive comments, all deserved. Go through the "Where the [embarrassing lack of self control] is Lighthouse" threads and you will find plenty of anger. Also deserved. What you won't see is followup to those angry comments saying the deal was completed. But they all were.

Right now, my biggest sore spot is the Lee Superman runs. When all is said and done I will wind up losing around $400-500 on the sale of those runs (since I sold them all at cost). I wasn't selling them to make a profit, I was selling them to make board members happy. And through a combination of events (already much discussed) that didn't happen. I have spent around 90 hours of my time in the last year chasing down issues to get those runs completed so I can fulfill the merchandise end of those deals. Many of the affected customers have already taken other product in exchange. On the rest, I am doing my best to get them the issues.

I don't overgrade. I don't conceal restoration. I don't underpack. I don't do the things that normally result in forum lynch mobs. I am occasionally really slow to ship. Which is why, with a very few exceptions, if things changed at the House of House and my shipping was as fast and consistent as we would all like, lots of forumites would be back buying from me...

oh lord. not this again. Christo_pull_hair.gif

No kidding. What a ridiculous joke. I think it's time we start trolling his threads warning new people about this nonsense.

I just can't wait for the 10,000 word explanation for why he has done this AGAIN. sleeping.gif

Just to make you happy I am breaking it up into smaller posts... flowerred.gif

i really don't understand why people chose deliberaly to buy from him, when they are aware of this type of situation... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifforeheadslap.gif

good luck

tongue.gifregards

Why do people gamble in Vegas when they know they might wind up penniless on the street?

Why do people go to Pauly Shore movies?

Why do people eat at the Applebee's in Salt Lake City?

Why do people download new songs from Guns N Roses?

Why do celebrities tape themselves having sex?

All good questions... and the answers are to be found in a notebook hidden under greggy's bed. gossip.gif

People continue to deal with me for a variety of reasons. Some have never experienced a delay. Some don't care about a delay. Some hope for a delay so they can have a shot at big prizes... The fact remains that the vast majority of my customers are repeat business that have been around plenty long enough to know what to expect from me, both positively and negatively. And even the newbies will typically get good turn times from me...

I don't exactly know what happened the first time but if he messed up then, kudos to everyone for giving him a second chance. Everyone deserves one and sometimes mistakes/situations happen that we didn't forsee.

However, to not send someone something they paid for in a timely matter over the internet is the cardinal sin in my book.

There are far, far greater sins in the internet comic business... which is one of the reasons we are all so glad these boards exist. Every member here has had their interests protected, either directly or indirectly, by this board.

I know some people on here don't like me, but I have never ever been accused of not sending someone their order. Let's face it, I wouldn't want someone to do it to me, so why would I do it to someone.

Perhaps there is a lot more behind that whole, "Do onto others" line my parents/teachers/ministers drilled into our heads. Maybe Lighthouse missed that class.

The House of 'House comes complete with fourteen years of Catholic School guilt... though you are correct. During the "do onto others" class I was hiding in a coatroom seeing what a comic book could get me... cloud9.gif

Honestly, someone with more time on their hands than me should put together a timeline of what happened the first time. I like lighthouse, but this is just silly and there should be a post somewhere we can point to and say "buyer beware."

I would volunteer to make the post myself, but I really should be answering PMs... poke2.gif

I may change my sig line from its current 80s goodness to something reflecting my occasional shipping delays... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And oh yeah... I like you too... flowerred.gif