• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's Updated TPB List - Updated 1-21 - Big Discounts This Week!

256 posts in this topic

Yes, I didn't start off to well. But, I took my lumps, swallowed some pride and just starting acting like a man and business man. And now I have all this.... a 6 pack of pepsi and $2. smile.gif

Plus,... I leave you alone now. acclaim.gif

Seriously, I agree with you and MK 100%, Russ. Nothing personal against LH because I don't know him personally, but he should not be allowed to use the boards as he does. I remember that long long wait some people had for their Overstreets a couple of years ago too. Ridiculous.

- Brad

Agreed...

Showing the other side, I did get my TPB from this list a couple of weeks after I ordered them. It could be that since I live about 5 minutes from his mailing address, he didn't want to have me stalking him. The original idea was that i was going to pick them up the day after I ordered them, but he never replied to my pm's after I paypaled him the dollars.

I didn't know about his earlier stunts when I ordered. Did a search about a week later when someone posted about problems with him. Sent him a nasty PM 2 weeks after ordering & then the books show up that afternoon.

Good luck to everyone getting your stuff.

Glad you got the books safe and sound.

foreheadslap.gif

Here we go again.....

So let me get this straight. After the HUGE imbroglio back in 2004-5, Lighthouse came back and was given a 2nd chance by most of the board.

And now he has pissed it away by doing the EXACT same thing he did last time (not shipping people their TPBs)... plus perhaps some other misdealings that Foolkiller brought up.

foreheadslap.gif

I think we're done here.

Not even close to the exact same thing. That time there were lots of customers affected (though some only briefly).

This time it was two packages of TPBs that were about a month late in going out...

foreheadslap.gif

Here we go again.....

So let me get this straight. After the HUGE imbroglio back in 2004-5, Lighthouse came back and was given a 2nd chance by most of the board.

And now he has pissed it away by doing the EXACT same thing he did last time (not shipping people their TPBs)... plus perhaps some other misdealings that Foolkiller brought up.

foreheadslap.gif

I think we're done here.

Not even close to the exact same thing. That time there were lots of customers affected (though some only briefly).

This time it was two packages of TPBs that were about a month late in going out...

That is two too many if you are a seller.

foreheadslap.gif

Here we go again.....

plus perhaps some other misdealings that Foolkiller brought up.

..again,..tip of the iceburg,..the dealings that went on outside of the board transactions are much more horrific than most people know,...

It's ICEBERG... geez...

And you are speaking out of turn. Making vague assertions about deals you were not involved in is inappropriate. Both the board member in question and his attorney have chosen to keep the matter private, and I and you should respect that choice. As you were not directly affected, and the people who were directly affected are not discussing the matter in an open forum, it is not your place to do so. These vague assertions are a violation of section 6 part (a) of the Terms of Use of this board.

But I still plan to buy you an ice cream cone the next time I see you. flowerred.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Here we go again.....

plus perhaps some other misdealings that Foolkiller brought up.

..again,..tip of the iceburg,..the dealings that went on outside of the board transactions are much more horrific than most people know,...

Exactly. I can't imagine how many people got torched on the whole "TPBKing" fiasco... and for how much money?!?

The same as the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop....

Three.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...isn't it something like this?! frown.gifmakepoint.giftonofbricks.gifforeheadslap.gif

regards

I ordered the first time and had to wait 6 months to get them...

Ordered 200 books again this time....I'm sure I'll get them...prolly not before the Summer, but I know House will make good. thumbsup2.gif

But on the other hand I knew what I was getting myself into.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh they will be there before Summer... thumbsup2.gif

Wait, did you mean summer of 2006? foreheadslap.gif

Well, I'm glad Lighthouse came on here to answer the allegations. Amazing how he suddenly found time and access just one day after several accusations were made maligning him. I hope he gets his act together... for no other reason than he can make restitution with the board members he owes.

But I think this thread has successfully proven that Lighthouse is NOT reliable. The Do's and Don'ts of buying from Lighthouse? Don't.*

*unless you are willing to wait months/years for either the product or a refund

No offence but I have no time or patience for sellers who do not have their act together. Lighthouse clearly doesn't.

" Well over 95% of the deals I do here go very smoothly"

and a 95% feedback on ebay is considered a BUST tonofbricks.gif

So what's an acceptable % in the forum Marketplace? confused-smiley-013.gif

110% tongue.gif

Don't get me wrong blutobc,

I can't say for sure if anyone got ripped off, or even delayed. However, to even have this thread questioning it, is enough for me.

Oh come on, Russ... having a thread questioning something is enough for you? I know you don't really mean that.

I am a self-admitted occasional slow-shipper. But please don't tell me that any thread questioning something is enough to make you believe it. Geez, Bugaboo will eat you alive if you admit something like that...

Personally I think all your posts are full of deflection and ill-timed.

I find it amazing that after people question you for a few days you immediately show up and make 60 posts. Mostly laughing and giggling and tickling about how happy you are they got their books or how funny someone's post was.

I haven't spent a dime with you at all. When I came on here I wasn't liked that much, but after the year or so I have been posting I have developed personal friendships and personal respect for a lot of them members. I have come to respect the fact that they trust me with their money and they in return trust me to send their order out in a fast and responsible manner. It isn't some sort of personal mantra that I am trying to follow. It is just good business. Someone pay's, I ship them their product. If there is a problem, I let them know. I have never just let an order slip by because they were from the boards, or because I knew them. Their money spends as good as my grandfathers so why should it be any different?

I understand that life can get hectic sometimes, but it is no excuse to stop running a business. If you have a local diner at the end of the street, it is pretty easy to turn the sign around and lock the door. However, when you have people's money for product you have to realize that you are simply not accepting a loan, or that whenever you get around to it is fine. People expect products and services to be rendered in an ample amount of time. To me, the only acceptable reason not to ship orders is either 1. Your dead or 2. Your dying. It is my opinion that as a businessman you have a responsibility to 1.Your Customers, 2.Your family and 3. Yourself. I believe that time should be shared among these 3 things, or delegated to a point where nobody is losing out.

I guess in the end Lighthouse you just don't value what your customers value. To pass off the shipping delays and what not in a laughable manner makes me wonder if perhaps some aren't laughing at you.

Great post Russ. I couldn't have said it better myself. His joking around about how "forgetful" he is was really annoying and I didn't even buy anything from him. I can't imagine how the buyers feel.

Don't get me wrong blutobc,

I can't say for sure if anyone got ripped off, or even delayed. However, to even have this thread questioning it, is enough for me.

Oh come on, Russ... having a thread questioning something is enough for you? I know you don't really mean that.

I am a self-admitted occasional slow-shipper. But please don't tell me that any thread questioning something is enough to make you believe it. Geez, Bugaboo will eat you alive if you admit something like that...

Personally I think all your posts are full of deflection and ill-timed.

I find it amazing that after people question you for a few days you immediately show up and make 60 posts. Mostly laughing and giggling and tickling about how happy you are they got their books or how funny someone's post was.

I haven't spent a dime with you at all. When I came on here I wasn't liked that much, but after the year or so I have been posting I have developed personal friendships and personal respect for a lot of them members. I have come to respect the fact that they trust me with their money and they in return trust me to send their order out in a fast and responsible manner. It isn't some sort of personal mantra that I am trying to follow. It is just good business. Someone pay's, I ship them their product. If there is a problem, I let them know. I have never just let an order slip by because they were from the boards, or because I knew them. Their money spends as good as my grandfathers so why should it be any different?

I understand that life can get hectic sometimes, but it is no excuse to stop running a business. If you have a local diner at the end of the street, it is pretty easy to turn the sign around and lock the door. However, when you have people's money for product you have to realize that you are simply not accepting a loan, or that whenever you get around to it is fine. People expect products and services to be rendered in an ample amount of time. To me, the only acceptable reason not to ship orders is either 1. Your dead or 2. Your dying. It is my opinion that as a businessman you have a responsibility to 1.Your Customers, 2.Your family and 3. Yourself. I believe that time should be shared among these 3 things, or delegated to a point where nobody is losing out.

I guess in the end Lighthouse you just don't value what your customers value. To pass off the shipping delays and what not in a laughable manner makes me wonder if perhaps some aren't laughing at you.

Russ, i've seen you mention how people "didn't like you" a couple of times this week. Why would you think that. I've found you nothing but helpful. Perhaps you are a bit "to the point" but i can't imagine why anyone would "dislike you".

Russ, i've seen you mention how people "didn't like you" a couple of times this week. Why would you think that. I've found you nothing but helpful. Perhaps you are a bit "to the point" but i can't imagine why anyone would "dislike you".

For some time in the past Russ had issues with some board member. Ironically some of those issues were around delivery of goods. Some of the other issues were that he was just an abrasive when people questioned about this.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For some time in the past Russ had issues with some board member. Ironically some of those issues were around delivery of goods. Some of the other issues were that he was just an abrasive when people questioned about this.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It all started here...

Dickwad Seller of the Day

Russ has redeemed himself quite nicely from those early days... thumbsup2.gif

Jim