• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's Updated TPB List - Updated 1-21 - Big Discounts This Week!

256 posts in this topic

Ooohh....an message board tough guy. You're gonna be well liked around here. Can't wait for your FDQ exit.

lol. Nope, not a tough guy. If you saw me, you'd realize how funny that is. insane.gif

So then you just talk tough anonymously on message boards. Again, I look forward to your FDQ exit. 27_laughing.gif

it is simpl curtosy to try to adhere to in house rules when visiting a new place. it is also simpl curtosy to build credibility before trying to take over. in my cultre this is considred good practis.

I posted my opinion and replied when someone responded to it with a rude remark. In my culture, we don't consider that as unacceptable or as trying to take over. Sorry if you took it that way.

Ooohh....an message board tough guy. You're gonna be well liked around here. Can't wait for your FDQ exit.

lol. Nope, not a tough guy. If you saw me, you'd realize how funny that is. insane.gif

So then you just talk tough anonymously on message boards. Again, I look forward to your FDQ exit. 27_laughing.gif

oh boy he ticked off DL, nice knowing ya froggy headbang.gif

it is simpl curtosy to try to adhere to in house rules when visiting a new place. it is also simpl curtosy to build credibility before trying to take over. in my cultre this is considred good practis.

I posted my opinion and replied when someone responded to it with a rude remark. In my culture, we don't consider that as unacceptable or as trying to take over. Sorry if you took it that way.

who was being rude? you come in here day 1 running your mouth because you read a thread from 2 years ago and start making opinions about stuff you know zero about. That's rude in my culture. So who's shill are you?

oh boy he ticked off DL, nice knowing ya froggy headbang.gif

Is that a bad thing? If so, on my tombstone.........I think I would like sausage and pepperoni. crazy.gif

Yea DL is actually on death row but if all goes well his appeal will pass and he will be released in about a week. gossip.gif

who was being rude? you come in here day 1 running your mouth because you read a thread from 2 years ago and start making opinions about stuff you know zero about. That's rude in my culture. So who's shill are you?

I don't care how long ago it was. There's no excuse for the racial slurs. I stated my opinion. You disagreed with it and started with the rude remarks. And what do you mean who's shill am I? Either way, I've said my piece and you've now become nothing but a bore. Enjoy the rest of this thread. flowerred.gif

That thread was classic. 27_laughing.gif

It gets my vote for the best thread of all time. Not only was it a great flame war, but was TOTALLY out of character for both parties. Nikos is, in my book, the best seller on the boards and one of the nicest guys on here. Same goes for Russ, who is completely trustworthy and a straight shooter. I have had absolutely no problems in the several dozen orders I have placed with both of them. Reading that thread is like invasion of the body snatchers and never fails to bring a smile to my face. grin.gif

Exactly. I can't imagine how many people got torched on the whole "TPBKing" fiasco... and for how much money?!?

AFAIK everyone who ordered trades from TPBKing has been taken care of (goods or refund) except for the ones I noted earlier.

What Rocketeer and FK are talking about is the two people who helped LH fund the inventory for TPBKing. Part of that is still outstanding. BTW Rocket, only one person is still owed money on that (and it is a significant amount). The other person was repaid last year.

That's what I was alluding to... I just wasn't sure how many people had been squared away, as it were. Judging by FK's post just now, it's everyone but one. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually that isn't true...

Although there is only one board member with a significant line-item on the balance sheet, that doesn't mean everyone else is "squared away". Several good friends on this board went out of their way to help me during a difficult time, and even if they don't feel I owe them anything, I do. In addition to those friends, there are more than a handful of customers who suffered as a result of my difficulties that year. Whether those are paid back or paid forward, there is goodwill to be returned.

Nikos is, in my book, the best seller on the boards and one of the nicest guys on here. Same goes for Russ, who is completely trustworthy and a straight shooter. I have had absolutely no problems in the several dozen orders I have placed with both of them. Reading that thread is like invasion of the body snatchers and never fails to bring a smile to my face. grin.gif

I couldn't have said it better. Although that may not be much of a compliment. insane.gif

I like you too... flowerred.gif

And you know I will make good on that deal...

I assume the last order got to you okay?

By last order, do you mean the one sent 2 years ago? If so, then yes I did get it.

Personally, I know you will make good on our deal.

I also, fully enjoy your responses to everyone. cloud9.gif

iceburg. 27_laughing.gif

My bad, I did get the last order, which was a slab I bought from off these boards. Nicely packaged also. thumbsup2.gif

Hey you guys what's the problem?

I had him send me the trades then I sent him the money order.

That was the deal he offered everybody wasn't it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone who had been a board member since 2004, yes...

Hey!

Finally I have an advantage being an old f@rt. laugh.gif

Shill..errr..I mean chill bro. For someone who "just got here" you sure are out spoken.

First post... "Hi, infinite_comics...a.k.a read_em...a.k.a. slab_em." = shill? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah.....you noticed that too? screwy.gif

Well, how many individual transactions has 'House had? confused-smiley-013.gif

Like Rob said, someone with the time (and ambition) should put together a "record" of Lighthouse's transgressions. Needless to say, it is almost his standard operating procedure to take orders, get people's money, and then disappear for months on end.

Sadly, the last time this happened, people were still defending him out of some misguided sense of brotherhood or something. I wonder if we'll see that AGAIN this time.

Here are the facts as I know them. No spin -- just facts.

Over the past few years he's done hundreds of transactions with people on the boards.

When this happened last time I asked for board members to contact me and I would try to get their stuff squared away. From the number of people who were piling on back then I expected to get flooded.

I got PMs from a total of 12 people he owed merchandise to. Ten got refunds, two said he could take care of it when he got around to it, one was never heard from again.

He still has 30 pre-paid sets of Jim Lee Supermans to get to folks. As far as I know he is still planning to mail these out (considering I dropped off 120 issues to him back in January).

...and what about the thousands of bucks he scammed off people here to invest in his TPB empire,...when do they get paid back?.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

Be careful with your word choice there...

And in answer to your question... there were a total of eight people (other than myself) who materially participated in that venture. Four were as straight investors. Two made money. Two lost money. The other four were board members who provided funds via short-term loans. Two were with high interest rates (around 25% APR) for a specified short period of time. One was at a very high interest rate. The other was at no interest and a longer term. The two with high interest rates were paid off exactly on time. The one with a very high interest rate was paid off with a slight delay (less than two weeks). One of the board members who had loaned at a high interest rate chose to do so again in a larger amount.

When a clerical error on eBay billing shut the venture down just as it was getting rolling, three of us lost a lot of money (the other two investors had negotiated a percentage of profits from the first two shows and were already out). I lost more than anyone, but I had two investors who also took a bath (both of which have expressed interest in participating in my next store). That left two outstanding loans from board members. The one at no interest has been paid off. The other is in repayment. Unlike the two investors (and myself) who lost money outright, that board member is receiving all his money back, plus interest. When all is said and done, his return on his money will be in the 7.0-8.0% range.

Anyone will tell you that a loan offering a 25% APR in today's interest rate market carries a great deal of risk. The borrower would not be willing to offer that kind of return on a "safe" loan.

Mar 2004 - Feb 2005 was a rough year for me. That much is well publicized. And for over a year now I have been working to set things right, just as I always do.

..I was very carefull with my choice of words,..you're nothing better than a grifter House,..

It all started here...

Dickwad Seller of the Day

Russ has redeemed himself quite nicely from those early days... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Well, I just read that thread, and I think it's pretty disgusting. The racial slurs alone in that thread tell me that comicsupply has very little room to be criticizing anyone in here. 893naughty-thumb.gif

It always seems that the one's with most in their closet squawk the loudest. It helps defray the attention.