• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Monsters: Monsters on the Prowl cover art

11 posts in this topic

Thanks, looks like something I need to pick up!

All of the "Monsters" series of books Marvel put out this past Fall were pretty cool - I love the covers by Powell (I'm a Powell dork smile.gif). Don't forget to grab the Devil Dinosaur one-shot if you haven't yet - it was probably the best of all of them.

I'll look for them. I don't get a chance to read current comics too often, but these look like very cool reads. Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan...and Hello Everyone Else.

Yes I am the owner of the cover in question. The entire series was a blast to read and to look at. There were 4 issues all with Powell covers. The Devil Dinosaur has a Hulk v DD story that, not only, had a Powell cover but he wrote, pencilled and inked the interior story.

As a fan of the Silver Age, Dan, I think you would love the Monsters on the Prowl issue. It has Hulk, Giant Man, Thing and Beast battling the Kirby Monster Island monsters and having to return them to their rightful place....funny and really well done.

The original art ain't too bad neither....love Eric Powell. hail.gif

Chris Caira