• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VENOM ERROR EDITION

71 posts in this topic

As I recall there may be only less than 100 in existence. It is up there with Bloodshot Plat error book. I would love to own both.

They are very rare. It's been years since a nice one showed up on eBay. I have a couple sweet copies on Pedigree. Check 'em out!

Killer Black Venoms

As I recall there may be only less than 100 in existence. It is up there with Bloodshot Plat error book. I would love to own both.

When "Black Venom" was discovered, there was an article about one guy who had received 600.

That was basically the whole amount they estimated got through.

What a lucky time to over-order on an otherwise unprofitable book. grin.gif

There MUST be more than 100 copies, there are 42 copies of the Black Venom on the census...

CGC isn't that widespread among collectors... even on rare books.

Even estimating 600 exist, that still might be the highest % of a print run that's been graded...

which probably means there are many more "out there".

Remove 2-3 of those zero's and I could make a deal.

smile.gif:):)

Give me fifteen minutes with a red Venom and a black sharpie and I could come up with a $1 black venom wink.gif

27_laughing.gif Didn't know about this post of yours.

Why sure, i'd be willing to buy it for $1! Seeing as I don't have a black sharpie, but I do have the red cover one now. yay.gif

That is first confirmed print number of that book I have heard confirmed. You are probably right. I don't ever see them for sale though although I know there are a couple on Pedigree. They are too expensive and priced on that auction at the same price of a Plat error copy which they shouldn't be.

somewhere I have the ASM 375 Venom cover print error - would you be interested in that? I think it is a CGC NM+ 9.6 it might be 9.8 - not sure.

CAL 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

About a year ago I purchased the Venom Black from a guy on comicspriceguide. Sent him $200 from Paypal for a NM copy. After not hearing from him for 3 weeks. He said there was a storm in florida , then he was going out on his boat for a few weeks. 2 weeks later he sayd he is returning my money as he doesnt have the time to look for the book. He will call me when he find it. I figured he realized he under priced it and decided not to send it to me .Never heard from him again

I have since purchased 2 copies. one was a 7.5 i got for $125 BUY IT NOW. Just went up and I jumped at it. and a VF ungraded I got for $150 . He had it on auction for $120 , Just went up so I emailed him and said I will give you $150 for it right now . I did explain that he can send it to CGC and if it really is a VF might be worth more but he said $150 was good and he canceled the auction and I got a copy for my son who loves Venom.

As you can tell I was constantly looking for it on Ebay so i was able to jump on 2 before anyone saw them. I spent a year on Ebay looking and only saw like 4 copies so it is really hard to find.