• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VENOM ERROR EDITION

71 posts in this topic

Yep. I had a gold (or I may still have it.. I don't remember.)

Pretty common unfortunately.

(Unfortunately, I also have hundreds of copies of the regular Lethal Protector #1 too. confused-smiley-013.gif )

Yeah, if you could scan it and post it, I'd love to see it.

Guess its gold not silver. And when you open it, there's a letter on the inside cover that explains it is just a limited version of regular edition w/ pin ups, etc. Never opened it before foreheadslap.gif

th_venom1.jpg

didn't you have another one of these though? or was the red one the other one, and this gold one the one you thought was special?

Yeah, if you could scan it and post it, I'd love to see it.

Guess its gold not silver. And when you open it, there's a letter on the inside cover that explains it is just a limited version of regular edition w/ pin ups, etc. Never opened it before foreheadslap.gif

th_venom1.jpg

didn't you have another one of these though? or was the red one the other one, and this gold one the one you thought was special?

No I don't think so. The letter on the inside of this one claims that over 1 million copies were printed of the red foil edition and this is a "special limited" edition of 11,000 copies. Sounds like it is 100-1. So under that premise its HOT right?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you talking about Lethal Protector #1?

Regular was Red Foil

Never heard of an error edition

I do have a silver Foil one. What was this?

Yes it is the Lethal Protector #1. the Black Error edition... I havent had it out in years, but your post caused me to check it out again... I believe I am going to send it in and have it graded...

it is in mint condition from what I can see.

by searching around I found 2 for sale. one was 850 and the other was 1000....

Yeah smile.gif we get it, you have the black version.

27_laughing.gif

As I kept scrolling down, it kept getting larger and larger and LARGER....

Talk about making a point! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice black error copy thumbsup2.gif

Are you talking about Lethal Protector #1?

Regular was Red Foil

Never heard of an error edition

I do have a silver Foil one. What was this?

Yes it is the Lethal Protector #1. the Black Error edition... I havent had it out in years, but your post caused me to check it out again... I believe I am going to send it in and have it graded...

That book sells for 850-1000? 893whatthe.gif Is there like 10 copies out there or something?

[Yes it is the Lethal Protector #1. the Black Error edition... I havent had it out in years, but your post caused me to check it out again... I believe I am going to send it in and have it graded...

There are more than 10 copies.. CGC has certified about 25 authentic copis so far. But there aren't many. The best estimates at the time that these came out was fewer than 250...maybe fewer than 100. The fact that so few have been authenticated and so few come up for sale probably means the estimate of 100 is closer to the mark.

You definitely want to get that beauty graded. And you can tell it is an original, not a forgery so having it graded by CGC to confirm its authenticity will help you sell it.

I haven't seen any for sale in a long time. But anyone who wants my CGC 9.8 copy for $1000 can pm me laugh.gif