• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Best of 2005' OA acquisitions

28 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just FYI...

Folks over at comicartfans.com are voting on the best acquisitions of 2005. Non-members can't vote, but are certainly allowed to take a look at all the fantastic art that people have acquired last year. The covers/splashes category is chock-full of fantastic pieces of art, in particular.... perhaps the best showing in several years!

Here's a link to the page. You can click on other links on the right side, to see other categories of acquisitions (interior panel pages, commissions, sketches).

http://www.comicartfans.com/BestOfPreview.asp?BOId=2

Hey Hari,

How is the voting for the CAF "Best of" handled? Is there only one "Best of" for each category? Thanks! - Keith

People vote for up to three in each category. The one with the most votes "wins", but at the end you'll get to see how many votes each piece received. It's a nice way to gauge what's popular art-wise these days.

Hey Hari, I've been traveling and must've missed the instructions on how to list my stuff in the contest. Is it too late to do it?

--Steve

Yeah, I think it's too late, as people already started voting last Friday. You could probably still list them, but many people have already voted.

Folks over at comicartfans.com are voting on the best acquisitions of 2005. Non-members can't vote, but are certainly allowed to take a look at all the fantastic art that people have acquired last year. The covers/splashes category is chock-full of fantastic pieces of art, in particular.... perhaps the best showing in several years!

Yes everyone check out the art and vote early and vote often.

On a personal note, and going by those that have published their votes to the comicart-l, people really did not like that Bolland commission confused-smiley-013.gif

Which is ok ( I love my art regardless of vote total)....but I will go Chicago-style and drum up the vote devil.gif ...just kidding. I agree with Hari that some of the categories are the best I have seen.

Get to voting folks...

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Your Bolland Commission specifically may suffer from the "Well, that piece doesn't need my vote, so I'll go vote for something else" mentality.

As Bart Simpson once learned, you have to get out the vote! smile.gif

Best,

J

Don't go by what has been posted so far... first of all, sorry to the listers I like and respect, but the most vocal frequent posters over there are some of the strangest individuals you are ever going to come across... it only makes sense that their taste would follow suit...

p.s. I voted for it... and that was a tough catagory. Dan

On a personal note, and going by those that have published their votes to the comicart-l, people really did not like that Bolland commission confused-smiley-013.gif

Which is ok ( I love my art regardless of vote total)....but I will go Chicago-style and drum up the vote devil.gif ...just kidding. I agree with Hari that some of the categories are the best I have seen.

Unbelievable.... what's not to like about that commission?

I was sort of kidding about them not liking it.....one vote out of the dozen people I have seen made me frustrated.gif so I posted that a little tongue in cheek.

The fact that stick figure prelims (not the AH one...that one is great) are getting votes and Tim Townsend's BWS Conan painting hail.gif got scant attention is more odd than my commission not getting (public) votes.

Best,

Chris

Unbelievable.... what's not to like about that commission?

I was sort of kidding about them not liking it.....one vote out of the dozen people I have seen made me frustrated.gif so I posted that a little tongue in cheek.

The fact that stick figure prelims (not the AH one...that one is great) are getting votes and Tim Townsend's BWS Conan painting hail.gif got scant attention is more odd than my commission not getting (public) votes.

Best,

Chris

Chris,

We'll still love ya, even if folks don't like that commission. I mean, you're still flesh and blood like a real boy, whereas that Joker guy is totally 2D!

Get to voting folks...

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

I voted for it. hail.gif So you got at least two votes. wink.gif

Get to voting folks...

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

I voted for it too!!!! smile.gif

Get to voting folks...

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

I voted for it too!!!! smile.gif

Alberto,

I voted for your Ethan commission and I think I voted for your capt 100 page. I also voted for Chris's Bolland piece and Drummy's FF cover got my vote ! -

I am not a member, but if I was it would be hard to choose between Fine's cover to Hit Comics 5; Wrightson's "The Hunter" and Boland's cover to Sgt. Rock Special 2. There are a few jaw-dropping Fables covers on that list as well. Outstanding pieces, all of them. hail.gif

bollandsgtrock.jpg