• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Secret Art"

11 posts in this topic

Let's give this question a try...without revealing ownership(unless you want to)...what are one or two pieces of original art that you have seen or heard about that are not publically known to actually exist, i.e. - on a dealer website, on a comicartfans page, etc.?

I'll go first...

The cover to Giant Sized X-Men #1 and the cover to Amazing Spider-Man #301

Anyone else?

The Cover to ASM #3.

Seen it with my own 2 peepers.

That would be a nice cover. Definitely my favorite early Spidey cover.

I offered 'bags of $$$' for it in the 80's, when no one offered the kind of $$$ I offered. I was told 'NFS'. I do not think anyone will see it for a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

The Cover to ASM #3.

Seen it with my own 2 peepers.

That would be a nice cover. Definitely my favorite early Spidey cover.

I offered 'bags of $$$' for it in the 80's, when no one offered the kind of $$$ I offered. I was told 'NFS'. I do not think anyone will see it for a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

Hey Scourge, why don't you show us some of your OA.....

Let's give this question a try...without revealing ownership(unless you want to)...what are one or two pieces of original art that you have seen or heard about that are not publically known to actually exist, i.e. - on a dealer website, on a comicartfans page, etc.?

I'll go first...

The cover to Giant Sized X-Men #1 and the cover to Amazing Spider-Man #301

Anyone else?

Why WOULDN'T the covers to "Giant Sized X-Men" # 1 and "Amazing Spider-Man" # 301 be known to actually exist?

It's not as if they come from a time, long ago, where OA collectors didn't exist and companies routinely destroyed their art . . .