• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern giveaways

5 posts in this topic

I haven't seen any, but then again I'm not really looking. Still pissed that I didn't send away for that Wolverine Nabisco comic.. What's up with some giveaways going for a ton? I have some Charleston Chew comics that I know there can't be very many of out there tongue.gif

Brian

In the last couple of years I've seen less of the givaway premium stuff. I'm sure there are some out that I don't know about. The only comics I've been able to find that were free were some books that were given out on "COMIC BOOK DAY" a few months back. About a year ago I bought a REVELLE race car model that had a mini Batman comic in with it, but other then that, nada. There was a free Brave & Bold #28 given with a DC superhero Monoply Game. I seen the game at TRU but didn't get it. Didn't want to buy the game just for the comic. I believe its the same giveaway comic that comes with the DC DIRECT JLA action figure set.

It looks like the PROMOTIONAL COMIC section in OVERSTREETS PRICE GUIDE is growing.

Yes there are giveaway comics this year. K-B did an Ultimate Spider-man #1 reprint giveaway. You have to buy a Marvel action figure to get a copy of the comic. This promotion was not advertised very well. There are 2 versions of the comic. The first has a K-B promo sticker on the back cover the other version does not have the sticker. The stickers were printed and placed in the case when the comics were shipped to the K-B stores. The employees were to place a sticker on each copy of the comic. Some copies have the sticker and some do not.

Checkers also had a Ultimate Spider-Man #1 and a Ultimate X-Men #1 reprint giveaway comic. All the Ultimate giveaways differ from each other as they have different ads as well as some of the text. There was also a mini size giveaway comic that was available at comic stores and also some music stores. TDK was involved with the book. Pryzm was the title if I remember correctly. There were some ot comics, but this is all I can remember currently. If you are looking for any of the modern giveaways private message me!

Tom