• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what are prelim pages?

8 posts in this topic

Quick question - what are prelim pages?

I guess they are the preliminary art work in a more or less conceptual style before the artwork is actually penciled in detail?

Also, is this type of OA worth collecting? The few examples I have seen all have very light pencil work.

Quick question - what are prelim pages? I guess they are the preliminary art work in a more or less conceptual style before the artwork is actually penciled in detail?

Exactly. Some are just quick sketches. Others are more detailed. Some have designs that differ from the final output.

Also, is this type of OA worth collecting? The few examples I have seen all have very light pencil work.
Are they worth collecting to you? If you like it, buy it. I can't speak to selling 'em after you have 'em for awhile, but my guess is that they aren't a hot commodity...at least, not as much as the final product.