• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman: court verdict affect on prices?

3 posts in this topic

Anyone have any opinion on whether the prices realised on Miracleman will go up or down based on the Gaiman vs. McFarlane verdict?

I know that Miracleman is not sorted out yet, but I would assume that a likely next step is for McFarlane to trade his rights to Gaiman for Spawn characters. This is likely to result in the whole series getting reprinted (by Marvel I believe) and carried on to conclusion.

Will this depress prices, or, by reviving interest in the title, i.e. actually letting more people read it, push them up?

Gaiman would be a fool to accept the Miracleman rights as compensation, there isn't even a consensus if McFarlane even holds those rights, heck it's still out there if the guy from Warrior magazine had the rights himself...

The Miracleman rights thing is an enigma wrapped in a riddle, served with conundrum sauce..

I'm sure Gaiman doesn't want to spend another three years figuring out who owns what of Miracleman