• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doomsday

27 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/KIRBY-SINNOTT-FF-59-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Fantastic piece. I remember drooling over this page when it was offered at Christie's.

Beautiful page! I remeber when that was at auction, and there was a lot of interest in it. Pages from that storyline are some of the priciest interior pages that I've ever seen. This is a nice one, and it'll be an interesting auction to watch. I'm not a huge Kirby FF fan myself, but this is the page to get if you are!

I'm not a huge Kirby FF fan myself, but this is the page to get if you are!

I think your #5 page is also one of the most iconic Kirby FF interior pages. Do you happen to know if the Doomsday page has changed hands much since that Christie's auction?

Anyone care to offer their opinion on what FMV for that page is? A range perhaps?

18.5K seems on the high side. You can get a nice Romita ASM cover for that price....

I'd offer that 12K is more realistic - tops at 15K...but that's just my opinion...

I'm not a huge Kirby FF fan myself, but this is the page to get if you are!

I think your #5 page is also one of the most iconic Kirby FF interior pages. Do you happen to know if the Doomsday page has changed hands much since that Christie's auction?

Thanks! That's my Kirby/Sinnott FF example (Sinnott only inked this one issue before the start of his run a few years later). But, if I had to pick other classic issues, they would be 48-51, 55 and 59. Pages from 55 were floating around a few years ago but have since found good homes. Pages from 59 seem the most in demand. Mark McDermott owns the splash to 51 which is awesome (but not for sale). I haven't seen any pages from 48-50.

Not sure if the page on ebay has changed hands, although I'm assuming it has. It sold for just north of 10K in 1994, as you probably know.

Anyone care to offer their opinion on what FMV for that page is? A range perhaps?

18.5K seems on the high side. You can get a nice Romita ASM cover for that price....

I'd offer that 12K is more realistic - tops at 15K...but that's just my opinion...

The only Romita ASM covers you could get for less than 20K would "second-run" covers after Kane's run, many of which are vellum. Romita covers below issue 100 are solidly 25K-40K these days.

That's true - but they are still Romita ASM covers...I was purely making the point(illustrated by my example) that there are many decent covers that can be had for under 20K - heck, you and I know of a phenomenal Miller ASM cover available for under 20K.

Now, care to put one of your famous estimates on this classic FF 59 page?

BTW - have you seen any of the pages from TOS #94? The Cap pages are Kirby/Sinnott and they're awesome! I know RhinoComics has one...but have you seen any of the others? Classic, man, classic...

That's true - but they are still Romita ASM covers...I was purely making the point(illustrated by my example) that there are many decent covers that can be had for under 20K - heck, you and I know of a phenomenal Miller ASM cover available for under 20K.

Now, care to put one of your famous estimates on this classic FF 59 page?

BTW - have you seen any of the pages from TOS #94? The Cap pages are Kirby/Sinnott and they're awesome! I know RhinoComics has one...but have you seen any of the others? Classic, man, classic...

I saw them all smile.gif I was there when Bechara was haggling for the whole story. The seller is a friend of mine.

I think the FF 59 page will sell for 20K to 25K. I don't personally think it's worth that much, but I've seen other pages from the issue hit that level. Of course, those other pages were cash/trade deals, so the values were somewhat inflated. Nevertheless, I think someone will bid the opening bid, and the page will sell for at least 20K. That is, unless someone gets the seller to end it early, which has been happening more of late.

I bought page 8, classic 4-panel action! Don't have my camera software on my new computer. But,,, it's a beaut! Dan

Mark McDermott owns the splash to 51 which is awesome (but not for sale). I haven't seen any pages from 48-50.

That splash.... cloud9.gif

Honestly, with the possible exception of some pages from the Galactus trilogy, I can't think of any piece of silver age art I'd rather have.