• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid's Luncheonette - the PRICES are here............

45 posts in this topic

once again, i'll skip the hype (you can read about it on the website which is linked below). prices are now there as well (or will be tomorrow -i haven't given Byron any notice). be sure to link there to see the nice scans........... grin.gif

i did my best to consider GPA data, OS Guide (for relative purposes), ComicLink sales, current bids on the Link and Pedigree and knowledge gained on these boards regarding scarcity and demand for certain issues, among other sources..............feedback via PM would be appreciated.

it's late here, but i think i've gotten it right. if not, we'll just raise 'em tomorrow....... devil.gif

again - no sales prior to one hour after the show opens on friday afternoon, Feb 24th..........hope there's something you'll like thumbsup2.gif...........................Harry.

> Amazing Spider-Man #6 in 8.0 Off-White Pages 1250

> Amazing Spider-Man #7 in 9.0 White Pages 1850

> Amazing Spider-Man #8 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 1300

> Amazing Spider-Man #12 in 9.2 Off-White Pages 1850

> Amazing Spider-Man #18 in 7.0 Off-White to White Pages 250

> Amazing Spider-Man #19 in 9.0 Off-White Pages 700

> Amazing Spider-Man #20 in 8.0 Off-White Pages 500

> Avengers #2 in 9.0 White Pages 1100

> Avengers #3 in 9.2 Off-White Pages 1400

> Avengers #5 in 6.5 Off-White Pages 125

> Avengers #8 in 6.0 Off-White to White 100

> Avengers #11 in 9.0 White Pages 450

> Daredevil #3 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages 2200

> Daredevil #4 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages 700

> Daredevil #5 in 9.0 White Pages 450

> Fantastic Four #2 in 6.5 Off-White Pages 1500

> Fantastic Four #3 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages 3000

> Fantastic Four #5 in 7.5 White Pages 3000

> Fantastic Four #6 in 7.5 White Pages 1400

> Fantastic Four #7 in 8.0 Off-White Pages 850

> Fantastic Four #8 in 6.5 Off-White to White Pages 425

> Fantastic Four #9 in 7.5 Off-White to White Pages 750

> Fantastic Four #10 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages 1000

> Fantastic Four #14 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages 450

> Fantastic Four #15 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages 1600

> Fantastic Four #16 in 7.0 Off-White Pages 300

> Fantastic Four #17 in 8.0 Off-White Pages 450

> Fantastic Four #18 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 1600

> Fantastic Four #19 in 9.0 White Pages 750

> Fantastic Four #20 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages 350

> Fantastic Four #21 in 9.0 Off-White Pages 600

> Fantastic Four #22 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages 600

> Fantastic Four #23 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages 275

> Fantastic Four #24 in 9.4 Off-White Pages 1350

> Fantastic Four #25 in 9.2 Off-White Pages 2300

> Fantastic Four #26 in 7.5 Off-White Pages 425

> Fantastic Four #28 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 800

> Fantastic Four #29 in 8.0 Off-White Pages 175

> Fantastic Four #30 in 9.2 White Pages 750

> Fantastic Four #31 in 7.5 Off-White to White Pages 125

> Fantastic Four #32 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages 1300

> Fantastic Four #33 in 8.0 White Pages 150

> Fantastic Four #34 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 300

> Journey into Mystery #84 in 8.0 Off-White Pages 1350

> Journey into Mystery #85 in 7.5 Off-White Pages 700

> Journey into Mystery #86 in 8.5 White Pages 900

> Journey into Mystery #87 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages 750

> Journey into Mystery #88 in 9.2 Off-White Pages 3000

> Journey into Mystery #89 in 8.5 Off-White Pages 1200

> Journey into Mystery #90 in 8.5 Off-White Pages 500

> Journey into Mystery #91 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 1000

> Journey into Mystery #92 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 800

> Journey into Mystery #97 in 8.5 Off-White Pages 300

> Journey into Mystery #100 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages 1000

> Journey into Mystery #104 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 400

> Journey into Mystery #105 in 9.4 White Pages 1600

> Journey into Mystery #106 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages 350

> Journey into Mystery #108 in 9.2 White Pages 1200

> Journey into Mystery #109 in 7.0 Off-White to White Pages 225

> Journey into Mystery #111 in 7.5 Off-White to White Pages 100

> Journey into Mystery #112 in 7.5 Off-White Pages 375

> Sgt. Fury #13 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 700

> Strange Tales #104 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages 400

> Strange Tales #107 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages 600

> Strange Tales #114 in 9.0 Off-White Pages 700

> Tales of Suspense #49 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 1200

> Tales of Suspense #51 in 9.2 Off-White Pages 500

> Tales of Suspense #54 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages 1100

> Tales of Suspense #58 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages 275

> Tales of Suspense #59 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages 600

> Tales to Astonish #49 in 8.0 Off-White Pages 250

> Tales to Astonish #50 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages 350

> Tales to Astonish #51 in 9.4 White Pages 1150

> Tales to Astonish #53 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages 700

> Tales to Astonish #54 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages 300

> Tales to Astonish #57 in 9.4 Off-White Pages 1600

> Tales to Astonish #59 in 9.4 Off-White Pages 1700

> Tales to Astonish #60 in 9.0 Off-White Pages 450

> X-Men #6 in 9.2 Off-White Pages 1250

> X-Men #8 in 6.0 White Pages 125

http://www.tvcomics.com/Sids.html

Harry,I would have to say that you have done your homework.Your prices are kind,yet not foolish.I will definitely have to take some time deciding,as I do see a couple of "steals" in there.But that's good,as you are trying to sell,not create and maintain inventory.That is one good thing about your decision to withold sales until show day,it gives us time to consider many factors.Nice books,fair prices.To quote the Fabulous Thunderbirds,"wrap it up,I'll take it."GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

PM me as necessary. Keep in mind a) I have one book that I am pursuing myself and b) some people have PM'd me already, so if for some reason you want the same book, it was the person who first PM'd me that I will go after the book for.

That said, from what I can tell, everyone who contacted me, pretty much wanted different books from each other.

Harry are you keeping your FF#4? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

i've told the story before so those who have heard it can tune out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

for some reason the FF #4 NEVER SHOWED UP at Sid's...... 893whatthe.gif

i had no idea what the book was and didn't even realize it had never arrived until issue #5 came out. then, too late, i started to check out the other local stores to no avail. i head down the shore that summer and my cousin has issues 1-8 with him, including the 4 and i just freak'd out. read it thru many times that week but couldn't get him to part with it.

i finally found a used copy down on Market Street in Newark, NJ on a saturday afternoon. i used to go down there (2 separate stores) with friends and troll both the comic book and paper back bins. so i find it and have to pay full cover price (12cents) because the dude hasn't gotten around to cutting off the top third of the cover before sending it back to the distributor. it's probably only a VG or so......

i can't tell you how many copies of FF 1-13 or so went through my hands that day (none in HG but who cares). another little woulda, shoulda, coulda story..............Harry

i've told the story before so those who have heard it can tune out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i had no idea what the book was and didn't even realize it had never arrived until issue #5 came out. then, too late, i started to check out the other local stores to no avail. i head down the shore that summer and my cousin has issues 1-8 with him, including the 4 and i just freak'd out. read it thru many times that week but couldn't get him to part with it.

i finally found a used copy down on Market Street in Newark, NJ on a saturday afternoon. i used to go down there (2 separate stores) with friends and troll both the comic book and paper back bins. so i find it and have to pay full cover price (12cents) because the dude hasn't gotten around to cutting off the top third of the cover before sending it back to the distributor. it's probably only a VG or so......

i can't tell you how many copies of FF 1-13 or so went through my hands that day (none in HG but who cares). another little woulda, shoulda, coulda story..............Harry

nice story and gorgeous list... 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

regards

Harry I do recall that story, what a bummer. Funny because I'm sure we all have a similar story to share when we were kids.

Harry I do recall that story, what a bummer. Funny because I'm sure we all have a similar story to share when we were kids.

Yeah, except for some of us, those FF#1-13s were Dazzler #1s and Spectacular Spider-Man #25s. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, except for some of us, those FF#1-13s were Dazzler #1s and Spectacular Spider-Man #25s. 27_laughing.gif

You couldn't find a Dazzler #1? Dude, even living in Taiwan at the time, I was able to find a Dazzler #1! tongue.gif

You couldn't find a Dazzler #1? Dude, even living in Taiwan at the time, I was able to find a Dazzler #1! tongue.gif

For my group of high school comic freaks, first ASM #96 and then later Howard the Duck #1 were the elusive books. The former must have freaked out managers of the 7-11s (new comics on the spinner racks every Wednesday!) because the CCA was missing, while the HTD book was apparently hoarded right off every newsstand! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Bet they'll catch up to FF4 in value some day.... insane.gif

foreheadslap.gif No, I was talking about the books we sifted through by the dozen at back issue stores while looking for the one issue we had missed! makepoint.gif

foreheadslap.gif No, I was talking about the books we sifted through by the dozen at back issue stores while looking for the one issue we had missed! makepoint.gif

I remember the comic store I used to work at (circa 1994) getting in a collection of Marvels from the early 80s. Basically, the guy bought 5-10 copies of every issue. But he really stocked up on Miller Daredevils...which was a completely dead run for us 10 years ago. After not being able to get guide for them after a few months, we started to put unread NM DD # 168s in the half-off BIN, and after awhile, sold them all off to a collector for about $2/each.

Great list, of course! And what a great country...to turn .12 cent books into $75,000 (roughly) in total asking prices. Now that's a decent 40+ years' labor!

Good luck, Harry!

Dan popcorn.gif

Thanks Dan (and all the others that have expressed their well-wishes)..........

it's becoming quite the little side show....... grin.gif i can't wait until friday night rolls around and i can grab dinner with some board members and put the craziness behind me. am thinking that saturday will be a walk-in-the-park and sunday will be quiet.

one thing for those going who may not know; the Geppi Museum will have a huge display right down the aisle from Byron's (TVComics) booth. sounds like there will be MILLIONS to be viewed for this first ever (i believe) traveling Museum display. i'll even get to meet Dr Arnold...... thumbsup2.gif