• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What am I doing wrong here???

73 posts in this topic

you can get this kind of stuff all day long for a buck a buck. I've bought many many many long boxes of books like this for a buck a book. Remember. Overstreet is irrelevant on books like this.
Could I have Daredevil 19-38 for $20.......?..... Not being a jerk. Just asking.

Jerk . . . of course not sumo.gif Maybe in bs condition. 27_laughing.gif This is actually a solid copy of this issue, contrary to FD's comments poke2.gif

He's got his head alll stuck in those romance books . . . insane.gif

Oh, and btw, Overstreet is generally irrelevant (particulary its market reports and advertisers . . . but amusing nonetheless) 893applaud-thumb.gif

you can get this kind of stuff all day long for a buck a buck. I've bought many many many long boxes of books like this for a buck a book. Remember. Overstreet is irrelevant on books like this.
Could I have Daredevil 19-38 for $20.......?..... Not being a jerk. Just asking.

Jerk . . . of course not sumo.gif

That's what I thought. I would actually start collecting DD if I could get those prices. Donut's theory would probably work if I ended up buying a few long boxes, and then divided the pricetag per book.

And yes your book currently being offered is in great shape, which is what surprised me about Donuts response.

I understand that OPG is a fiction on stuff like this, but I also understand that if you stick a bunch of Fine 12 cent marvels in long boxes at a well attended show and make them $3 each and 4/$10 you will blow them out pretty quick. Ditto on ebay. So, which crackhead sells them to you in quantity for $1 each in 2006? Not talking about 1998 or 1999, but now. Anyway, I can't prove you wrong, but I think maybe you're averaging out bulk purchases of a wide variety of books, not necessarily stuff like this. Granted, it may all be stuff that sells for $5 each on ebay, so perhaps it is irrelevant whether we're talking about generic 12 cent marvels or 20 cent DCs, even if guide on them is $5-$25 or more.

I understand that OPG is a fiction on stuff like this, but I also understand that if you stick a bunch of Fine 12 cent marvels in long boxes at a well attended show and make them $3 each and 4/$10 you will blow them out pretty quick. Ditto on ebay. So, which crackhead sells them to you in quantity for $1 each in 2006? Not talking about 1998 or 1999, but now. Anyway, I can't prove you wrong, but I think maybe you're averaging out bulk purchases of a wide variety of books, not necessarily stuff like this. Granted, it may all be stuff that sells for $5 each on ebay, so perhaps it is irrelevant whether we're talking about generic 12 cent marvels or 20 cent DCs, even if guide on them is $5-$25 or more.

well those are good comments. and true.

it's late in the game, but the important word in Donut's post was wholesale.

i have personally watched deals for $60/longbox for VFish random BA titles (Marvel & DC), with ~200 bagged and boarded books in the box. that's what, thirty cents a book? now, this was in with another seventy or so boxes, some of which were as little as $30 a longbox, but my understanding is that $30-$50 a longbox is about average for non-key, decent shape stuff when buying wholesale. in the Southeast. among dealers who know one another and sellers eager to get rid of overstock.

so, to say that a longbox with ~200 bagged and boarded SA books could sell for somewhere around 150 bucks...that's not out of the ordinary. not in my opinion, especially when you're buying five or six thousand dollars worth of books at once in bulk, using the larger amount of junk you dump for 50c-$1 at a show to offset the occasional 30 dollar book or ten

No, but you can have them, if I've got them, for $5 each.

The last 8 large comic buys I've made over the past three years, have all been mid-grade DCs and Marvels from 1960-1975. No keys, no big deal titles, but nice stuff. DCs from 1960-1965, both Marvels and DCs from 1965 up. For those roughly 25,000 books, I've spent maybe $9000. If you look around, you can always find stuff. Wholesale is king.

The last 8 large comic buys I've made over the past three years, have all been mid-grade DCs and Marvels from 1960-1975. No keys, no big deal titles, but nice stuff. DCs from 1960-1965, both Marvels and DCs from 1965 up. For those roughly 25,000 books, I've spent maybe $9000. If you look around, you can always find stuff. Wholesale is king.

We'd probably all get in line for that stuff . . . grin.gif