• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rant: Why Cant people List pages properly on Ebay?

11 posts in this topic

I am looking under Original art and Covers section to find a Superman cover.

But most of the listings in there are panel pages and sketches.

of 135 listings in Orginal art>Covers hardly any are covers! Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

It is not just art though is it? There's all sorts of crapola listed in the wrong catagories on eBay. Part of the fun I guess. crazy.gif

Oh, yeah, you're correct on that. Just the OA section is my pet peeve. Someone else can monitor the Comics area. I'm sure folks get just as angry seeing "Death Of Superman" in the golden age catagory.

and then people wonder why the pages dont sell

Why? Because they're in the cover category? I think not.

Unless I'm a minority, I believe most people just go to the OA section and type in what they're interested in (i.e. Sandman). The sub categories only help when you have cash to burn and just want some cover (any cover will do) to buy. Focused collectors don't miss panel pages because they're in the cover category. Most Ebay buyers (obviously not all buyers from this thread) realize that stuff gets put in the wrong categories all the time and if they don't look in more places they're going to miss some good stuff.

Why? Because they're in the cover category? I think not.

Unless I'm a minority, I believe most people just go to the OA section and type in what they're interested in (i.e. Sandman). The sub categories only help when you have cash to burn and just want some cover (any cover will do) to buy. Focused collectors don't miss panel pages because they're in the cover category. Most Ebay buyers (obviously not all buyers from this thread) realize that stuff gets put in the wrong categories all the time and if they don't look in more places they're going to miss some good stuff.

I meant to type Items not pages dont sell.

to often I see items listed in categories they dont belong

Yeah, every once in a while I like to browse the cover or splash page sections to see if there is something really cool sitting in there. Expand my interests a little but I am mainly confronted with a whole bunch of "5th grade sketches" and have to sift through page after page to find actual comic art by comic artists. Prints and fan drawings should have there own sections.

Thank God for those mislabeled pieces of art, though! I've bought some of my best pieces for cheap prices because people labeled them as prints or posters. Am I going to tell them, "hey, you've got it wrong?"

No way! You list something, you'd better know where to place it. If not, and I find it and want it, it's mine for however cheap a price I can get it. There's no shame in doing that. If you list something, you'd better educate yourself about it first, or it'll get bought for far less than what it would have if it were listed correctly.

Ditto on this. I ended up buying a cover not too long ago that wasn't even in the comics category if I remember correctly. Needless to say I got it for a song and have since traded it for 3 times the value of what I paid for it. Gotta love those sell on ebay consignment shops. smile.gif