• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS this board crowded enough to separate into WTB and WTS?

90 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Just wondering if (per a member's suggestion) this board is crowded enough that we would want ot separate these two functions into two boards? Right now we have the icon convention to distinguish WTB from WTS, although it seems that it's not used strictly.

Well the board is crowded (which is a good thing) but it looks like 90% are WTS and only 10% are WTB posts...So maybe a split makes sense,but the WTB board will be pretty lonely...

Perhaps a distinction between certified and uncertified would work.You could also separate each "age" to their appropriate section of the boards(i.e.silver,gold,etc.). hope this will be some help.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo( a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Because it's about 90/10 in favor of sellers, it might make more sense to have an "EBay Auctions" section and a "Board Only" sales section. Or, as someone already suggested, a "CGC graded" and a "raw" section. Now that I think about it, the second idea sounds like the better one.

Because it's about 90/10 in favor of sellers, it might make more sense to have an "EBay Auctions" section and a "Board Only" sales section.

That's an idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But if you do go with the original idea, please put the Sales part at the bottom, as it is now. WTB is going to be smaller by far.

Because it's about 90/10 in favor of sellers, it might make more sense to have an "EBay Auctions" section and a "Board Only" sales section. Or, as someone already suggested, a "CGC graded" and a "raw" section. Now that I think about it, the second idea sounds like the better one.

Both good ideas, why not merge them. Have Ebay Raw and Ebay Graded and then Board Raw and Board Graded. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it's fine the way it is.

I sell/buy raw/slabbed and I don't look forward to searching multi marketplace forums for stuff.

-=Defender of the Status Quo=-

I think a different division would prove more useful.

Perhaps an auction section for board auctions and eBay listings, and a 'for sale' section for straight up "this is the price, first PM takes it" sales. in this case, I guess you'd also need a 'want to buy' section by necessity.

I don't think a certified/raw split would work because lots of people list both certified and raw books in the same post. this would just lead to the need to make more threads.

5. Use the post icon for posts that are announcements of ebay sales.

6. Use the "O" post icon for "off bay" posts. This allows those who have already scanned through ebay items on ebay to quickly find off-ebay sales that represent new material.

7. Use the $ post icon for Want To Buy posts. Again, it allows people to find them quickly.

if people would just keep following the frikken rules of the board, none of this would ever have happened. poke2.gif

uh, sorry, just had a Woody Woodpecker flashback there for a moment

• Administrator

I'm definitely not inclined to split it into more than 2 boards at the absolute max. And I'm skeptical about the need for 2 boards even, but I thought I'd throw the question out there for debate.

I wouldn't go with the raw/graded divide, lots of people make posts with 20-30 books for sale, lots of the time both raw and slabbed books are included. So these sellers would have to split their post, making even more threads ?

But I do favor the board only/Ebay only split. As it is, not a lot of posts feature a bunch of books which are on eBay together with a bunch of books meant to sell on the boards.

I do feel, though, that a separate section for eBay links would be good though, because there is a distinct difference between putting a comic for sale on the board and just plugging your eBay auctions. Granted people should be using the right notation and icons, but let's face it, that just ain't gonna happen. The one thing any forum member CAN do fairly consistently is at least put his threads in the right section.