• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS this board crowded enough to separate into WTB and WTS?

90 posts in this topic

I agree a board/eBay split would be nice. I look at every board-only listing, but rarely bother with the eBay links.

I never bother to look at any of your ebay links either. acclaim.gif

No, you just troll the books I am bidding on like the SSWS you failed to doublecross me on. makepoint.gif

Well the board is crowded (which is a good thing) but it looks like 90% are WTS and only 10% are WTB posts...So maybe a split makes sense,but the WTB board will be pretty lonely...

Yes, make them seperate. More people might post in the WTB section if the area Marketplace was not so cluttered....

The more I think about it, an Internal/External Marketplace split really starts to make sense. That way we not only separate all the EBay stuff, but also the various consignment sites and Metro/PCG spam. cloud9.gif

I could go for a pure eBay board. It would give a place to post all those eBay scams as well.

But what do ya do when pre-eBay sales go to eBay on the non-eBay thread?

confused.gif

Just wondering if (per a member's suggestion) this board is crowded enough that we would want ot separate these two functions into two boards? Right now we have the icon convention to distinguish WTB from WTS, although it seems that it's not used strictly.

That would be great, Arch, as a number of people(buying or selling) don't usw the ebay or for sale synbols you created. thumbsup2.gif

I'm definitely not inclined to split it into more than 2 boards at the absolute max. And I'm skeptical about the need for 2 boards even, but I thought I'd throw the question out there for debate.

It will get more traffic than the "ask cgc" board i'm sure thumbsup2.gif

Just wondering if (per a member's suggestion) this board is crowded enough that we would want ot separate these two functions into two boards? Right now we have the icon convention to distinguish WTB from WTS, although it seems that it's not used strictly.

This would be a great idea. Right now it seems like when someone posts a WTB post, it gets buried very quickly. Seperating the two would make navigating the posts much more efficient as well since many do not use the correct icons either.