• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone in touch with Bill Sienkiewicz??

10 posts in this topic

I have his email address which he used to respond to. Now he does not. I paid him over a year ago $300.00 for a batman sketch at a New york show. He took my name and address down and said he was very busy and would mail it to me in about 3 months. Well after 6 months I emailed him and he said he would make it up to me and I would have it in a couple of more months. Well it is 5 months later and still nothing. It is pretty upsetting considering this guy was in my top 5 as far as favorite artists. I dont know what to do now. The money doesnt matter what matters is he doesnt even respond to my emails anymore. I would like to know what the next show is that he will be attending and I dont care where it is as long as it is in the U.S.

I have his email address which he used to respond to. Now he does not. I paid him over a year ago $300.00 for a batman sketch at a New york show. He took my name and address down and said he was very busy and would mail it to me in about 3 months.

Unfortunately, that's Bill. I'm not making excuses for him, but his reputation precedes him. If he can complete the piece at the con, pay him in advance. Otherwise (as you've learned) never give him the money up front. This isn't new, it's been going on for years and years. As far as I know, he does make it up to you in the end. But often the wait can be as long as 3 years. So, if it's really "not about the money", just sit back and be prepared for a long ride.

I have his email address which he used to respond to. Now he does not. I paid him over a year ago $300.00 for a batman sketch at a New york show. He took my name and address down and said he was very busy and would mail it to me in about 3 months. Well after 6 months I emailed him and he said he would make it up to me and I would have it in a couple of more months. Well it is 5 months later and still nothing. It is pretty upsetting considering this guy was in my top 5 as far as favorite artists. I dont know what to do now. The money doesnt matter what matters is he doesnt even respond to my emails anymore. I would like to know what the next show is that he will be attending and I dont care where it is as long as it is in the U.S.

Apparently, he's listed to be at the NY Comic-Con in two weeks. This may be your chance! smile.gif

That sucks, hopefully it all works out for you in quick time.

27_laughing.gif it has already been a year. Considering what I have been told regarding 3 year waits I figure I only have 2 years left. I will consider it a 40th Birthday present.

I cant wait to see him in New York. I want to see what he has to say. The bombardment of excuses and then come and see me towards the end of the show to pick up your piece. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif