• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super sweet piece but...?

3 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDER-MAN-40-COLOR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

isn't that a little high pricewise for the piece or is it just about right? I guess with the frame and price to commision the work, it's pretty close. Especially with 2 of the originals working on it. I've never had a piece commisionned (sic?) before, but it definitely fits in with my collecting focus....what do you guys think?

Jim

I think it's a bit on the high side pricewise. I have seen Spider-Man pieces by Esposito sell for a lot lower. I am pretty sure there was a cover recreation to Spidey #41 he did up for sale very recently, you might want to check what it went for as a point of reference. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd ask for larger scans (difficult to judge the quality of the piece from those small images). With recreations, involving logos and lettering, I often notice some of the work is a little 'shaky' when the recreating artist tries to replicate the skills of the original letterer.