• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Mark Jewelers" insert

51 posts in this topic

A #121 sounds possible. The list of issues I posted are just the issues I have owned and there are easily a lot more of these books out there. If anyone one wants to organize a list please let me know as I would love to see it.

If you have #122, I'd imagine there are #121's out there as well.

Yes, a CGC 9.2 copy of ASM #121 (white pages) with the MJ insert sold for $280 on February 8, 2002.

Gene

Well the question I have is what is the oldest example of a comic with a Mark Jewelers insert? I can fill in some of the later gaps but I didn't imagine that they went all the way back to the Vietnam war.

Jim

Well the question I have is what is the oldest example of a comic with a Mark Jewelers insert?

I can take the insert out of one of mine and you can put it in any book you want. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If some is keeping a list of these than here are several more examples.

HOUSE OF SECRETS #104, OUR FIGHTING FORCES #142 , 173, 176, 178, STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #167, 168, 204, RICHARD DRAGON KUNG-FU FIGHTER #5, WARLORD #8, SGT. ROCK #304, KARATE KID #7,SHAZAM #20, KORAK SON OF TARZAN #48, SECRETS OF SINISTER HOUSE #9, JONAH HEX #2, TARZAN #222, 237, 256, METAL MEN #51, and RAGMAN #3.

If some is keeping a list of these than here are several more examples.

HOUSE OF SECRETS #104, OUR FIGHTING FORCES #142 , 173, 176, 178, STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #167, 168, 204, RICHARD DRAGON KUNG-FU FIGHTER #5, WARLORD #8, SGT. ROCK #304, KARATE KID #7,SHAZAM #20, KORAK SON OF TARZAN #48, SECRETS OF SINISTER HOUSE #9, JONAH HEX #2, TARZAN #222, 237, 256, METAL MEN #51, and RAGMAN #3.

Special Marvel Edition #15 has one. Another great reason to own this book. grin.gif

Ok, since so many people have asked, here's my list of books with MJI (list). There are 778 books in this list and it's not complete.

I have identified 11 different ones dating all the way back to April 1972. However, I am still working on identifying all of them. Many of them look the same but have slight variation that make them different.

Enjoy

Ok, since so many people have asked, here's my list of books with MJI (list). There are 778 books in this list and it's not complete.I have identified 11 different ones dating all the way back to April 1972. However, I am still working on identifying all of them. Many of them look the same but have slight variation that make them different.Enjoy
I have Master of Kung Fu with the insert 15 to 40 I believe! If its not so important why does CGC make note of it on the Label?

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to view supersized image

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Reliable image hosting provided by Vendio. Unlimited images for $12.95.

Davidking623

I have Master of Kung Fu with the insert 15 to 40 I believe! If its not so important why does CGC make note of it on the Label?

"Important" wouldn't be the word I'd use. Different would be more apt. And that's why CGC notes the insert, it's different than the majority of copies out there.

Jim