• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there just some pages...

6 posts in this topic

that will never be available? Or could they be available, but you just have to do your homework and try and locate them?

I'd love to have that splash page from Defenders #50 (located in the middle of the book I think) thumbsup2.gif (Like I'd really be able to afford it.) frown.gif by artist Keith Giffen.

I'm thinking the older stuff would be harder to find.

My philosophy is if it exists there is always the possibility(and I'm gonna win the lottery next week poke2.gif ).

You just need to get over a few "small" hurdles:

1)Locating the art you want

2)getting the current owner to sell the art

3)affording the art you find

Some art is tucked away in private collections and you may never locate it, but you have to put the 'feelers' out there anyway.

Mike

I'm finding that this is half the fun of collecting. Trying to locate that elusive piece.

Y'know you're right. I'd gather that it's probably better than searching for an elusive comic, because it doesn't take long to find the comic since there's normally multiple copies of what you'd be looking for.