• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY COMICCON OA get together? CGC too?

21 posts in this topic

Somebody needed to start this post...Friday night? Saturday night? Metropolis? Restaurant?

Likely, without much discussion, it will probably be at Metropolis on Saturday at around 8pm...but we are all open to ideas...

Who will attend besides myself, Fischler, and Hari?

Post below and let us know...

ALSO, there was previous talk about a joint CGC/OA get together which I believe that we are ALL open to...

Discuss...

Let's finalize a date. I'd prefer Saturday evening too..... anytime. I'll spread the word to some other OA collectors, once the date and place are set. Is there someplace closer to the Javitz Center to meet? I'm not from the West Side, so I'm not as savvy on restaurants and other venues to meet there.

I can only go to the Con on Friday frown.gif

Who said anything about the con? Go to the con on Friday, and come out to dinner on Saturday smile.gif

Seriously, though, whichever night we can get more people. Let's see what the CGC folks say here, and then I'll get a tally from the OA crowd.

Who said anything about the con?

thumbsup2.gif I'm going to be in NYC that weekend, but I'll be at museums during the show hours Friday and Saturday and then up erly to see eagles in Connecticut on Sunday. I am hoping to swing by wherever people are hanging out to see folks and have a drink or two, so hopefully there'll be a combined get-together I can crash to see all my comic book people at once...

Who said anything about the con?

thumbsup2.gif I'm going to be in NYC that weekend, but I'll be at museums during the show hours Friday and Saturday and then up erly to see eagles in Connecticut on Sunday. I am hoping to swing by wherever people are hanging out to see folks and have a drink or two, so hopefully there'll be a combined get-together I can crash to see all my comic book people at once...

I think a combined get-together is way overdue. This really is just one big hobby.

You boys have room for a cute bubbly girl?

You've lobbed such a softball and it's taking every ounce of restraint not to knock it out of the park...

...so the answer is "ABSOLUTELY! We would love to have you attend."

You've lobbed such a softball and it's taking every ounce of restraint not to knock it out of the park...

Don't be surprised if you get KrazyKat in drag. poke2.gif

Don't be surprised if you get KrazyKat in drag. poke2.gif

frown.gif

Gail - that wasn't about you at all - it was a reference to a previous "character" - don't take any offense...

Stephen,

We'll definitely miss you!

Sounds like the easiest will still be doing something at Metropolis and then heading out for dinner. It worked great last time. I have an email out to Ben and Stephen to see if they'd like to host again.

Is there a CGC Forum dinner on Saturday night? If so, how about everyone convening there? Seems as good a place as any to meld the OA and CGC universes, no?

I don't know if there's a CGC dinner, sponsored by CGC; I'm assuming there isn't. But, I don't think most OA folks would go to a CGC dinner (nor would they be invited).