• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicon essentials for OA collector

3 posts in this topic

hey all,

newbie question. just getting into collecting OA. the comicon season is starting. i am curious as to what any of u consider are the basic essentials to bring to a comicon for an OA collector.

i am thinking at least a sketch book. not sure about a sketch pad. my concern with a sketch pad is how to protect the sketch afterwards. if sketch pad is an essential, any special type of paper i need to look for?

furthermore, if i was looking to buy comic panels, how do u protect it on your trip home?

s

Welcome to the Boards! smile.gif

Get a sketch book or two. You can pick them up cheap at Borders (they're always on sale for like $5).

Get some heavy stock paper to prevent bleed-thru, although you may want to bring sheets for extra protection.

Also, if you plan on buying pages, the portfolio is the way to go. You can pick those up at an artstore or online. I've got one that zips up and has a handle, making it easy to lug around. I can add sheets to it as well to hold more art.

Most big shows will have someone selling OA Mylars if you don't want to get a portfolio. I think they're on the expensive side. You could probably get some from Bill Cole or Gerber websites cheaper than at a show.

i am curious as to what any of u consider are the basic essentials to bring to a comicon for an OA collector.

1) Can of Febreeze....

2) Can of Oust Odor Eliminator...

3) Antibacterial Wipes....

4) Utility Belt to Carry the Above

Is a stereo-type a stereo-type if it's true? poke2.gif

Chris Caira