• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QUE' ?

12 posts in this topic

The responsible thing to do would have been to email Burkey or McDermott to ask about the piece. Publishing in a public forum with a cutesy icon when questioning whether someone has stolen property is pretty F-ing dangerous. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I talked to Mike and he confirmed that Mark lost the Stat Accross the top of the art and not the art itself.

A 2 second email to confirm facts would keep a potentially negative and false perception from being floated out onto the internet. It's practically KK-esque.

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

The responsible thing to do would have been to email Burkey or McDermott to ask about the piece. Publishing in a public forum with a cutesy icon when questioning whether someone has stolen property is pretty F-ing dangerous. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I talked to Mike and he confirmed that Mark lost the Stat Accross the top of the art and not the art itself.

A 2 second email to confirm facts would keep a potentially negative and false perception from being floated out onto the internet. It's practically KK-esque.

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Chris, I appreciate you doing this. This was a very dangerous move on the part of the original poster.

And to make everything very very clear.

I spoke directly to Mike....he got the cover in trade directly from Mark at the NYC convention November 18th 2005.

Mike traded the Ditko Warren Splash that Mark has on his site right now as part of the deal for the Superman cover art (sans stat).

Ditko Warren Splash

Mark lost the Stat and the Stat only. The Art to the cover itself was never lost and McDermott traded it to Burkey 5 months after the stat was lost and the Diamond Scoop article was published.

If the original poster was interested in actually knowing the answer to his/her/its question they could have found out the answer as easily as I did.

Chris Caira

Was the stolen art ever recovered?

From what I can gather...no.

But then again the list is not accurate in some respects (like this one...it was a missing stat and not a missing cover), and it was not exactly stolen and more "lost". I think it was left on a subway or something like that. Which means whoever found it may not actually have any idea what they found....or may have even tossed it out.

To date none of the actual lost pieces have surfaced.

Chris Caira

From what I can gather...no.

But then again the list is not accurate in some respects (like this one...it was a missing stat and not a missing cover), and it was not exactly stolen and more "lost". I think it was left on a subway or something like that. Which means whoever found it may not actually have any idea what they found....or may have even tossed it out.

To date none of the actual lost pieces have surfaced.

Chris Caira

Thank you for posting this, I was about to mention it myself. I think it's bad form that the artwork is listed as "stolen" on his website, when he left it unattended in NYC. There is obviously a HUGE difference between "STOLEN" and "LOST", and it's irresponsible to advertise it as a theft when the art is missing due to personal negligence.

"Something like this unfortunate event affects the entire hobby."

"No questions will be asked regarding the return of the art."

Ridiculous. If anything, he should be offering a reward to the person who FOUND the art. Instead, he jumps right to pointing the finger and grandiose accusations of theft. This makes me wonder if this type of random embellishment is commonplace.