• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To...

4 posts in this topic

Hello All!

I was wondering: If on original sketches and such, there is a "To John", will this bring the value down dramatically???

I have some peices that i recently found but they are addressed to someone. Will I need to search out a buyer with the same name??? foreheadslap.gif

Some pieces include: Kirby, Kubert and a couple of nice Adams sketches.

Also, if a piece is laminated for preservation, is it worthless? Can it be removed?

Thanks for any and all input smile.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

Hello All!

I was wondering: If on original sketches and such, there is a "To John", will this bring the value down dramatically???

I have some peices that i recently found but they are addressed to someone. Will I need to search out a buyer with the same name??? foreheadslap.gif

Also, if a piece is laminated for preservation, is it worthless? Can it be removed?

John thumbsup2.gif

To John works for me. grin.gif

I think it could depend on the significance of the piece and the artist. Many would probably still like to have a signed piece of their artwork even if it does say "To such and such".

Now if it were Rob Liefield's work, you may be in trouble. 27_laughing.gif

Hello All!

John thumbsup2.gif

Personalizations have occurred on mnay pieces and, depending on how neat and inobtrusive they are, may not result in any reduction in price. Because original art pieces are unique, even obtrusive personalizations don't matter too much on historically important or artistically significant pieces, which often suffer from one defect or another (e.g. missing logos, glue stains, blue pencil marks).