• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYC Comic Con OA Karma....

6 posts in this topic

A few months back I was fortunate enough to be the first to pre-reserve a great double page spread in New Avengers #11 from Spencer Beck. My luck continued the following month when I was told I was pre-reserved for another DPS for New Avengers #12. I was ecstatic for a few weeks until I get an email from Spencer stating that the DPS from Issue #12 was mistakenly reserved to 3 different people and I wasn't the true first. The next day I get more bad news: Spencer was sad to inform me that the Inker, Danny Miki, wanted to keep the DPS I had reserved for New Avengers #11 for himself. My heart just sank. frown.gif

Fast forward to this past Friday at the NY Comic Con. After a nice intoductory talk with Spencer I decide to look through the David Finch section, since there were a couple of pieces I was debating on getting. Lo and behold, the DPS for New Avengers #11 was sitting in the bin! I quickly called Spencer over and asked if this TRULY was available (re-explaining the situation). Spencer said there was probably just a mix-up and Danny wanted the other DPS! So this piece was just sitting in his inventory, no one knowing it was available! I couldn't get the guy to wrap it up fast enough! The OA gods were smiling on me that day!

New Avengers #11 Pages 22-23

It only sucked that I could only stay until 5:00 pm on Friday. Finch was there around 3:00 but didn't go to his table by the time I had to leave. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Did get pages by McNiven, Mark Morales and Olivier Coipel signed.

NICE NICE NICE

I wish this guy could come to Toronto in April

Me too! I don't think anyone selling art is going to be there other than Yoram (jjonahjameson1 on ebay) as far as I know.

Oh yeah, nice DPS by the way. Karma is a wonderful thing isn't it? smile.gif

Yoram is setting up a table. And Ruben A. might come down, though he had such horrid sales last time it's doubtful he'll have a table.

The fact of the matter is Canadians don't buy much comic art, especially to justify a big US dealer making the trip up. But from my communications it's looking like 15 to 20 of the big Southern Ontario collectors will be there, so if you sniff around you could find some art to buy/trade.