• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legal Issues in Colelcting Original Art Larry Rupprecht's Refrigerator

2 posts in this topic

Over the years I've had repeated requests to reprint "LarryRupprecht's 'Refrigerator' an article I did years ago about a lawyer friend of mine's battle to recover an Alfons Mucha paintign from another friend of mine who was an antique dealer. At the time it dawned on me that Mucha was an illustrator and there were aspects of the case that paralleled a number of problems related to ownership issues that we were seeing occurring in the comic art field.

Thanks to the good graces of Bill Cox- I've been able to rewrite the piece including reconnecting with my friend the lawyer after all these to doublecheck the facts. The final piece is quite long almost 9000 words so we are posting it in 3 parts in the Art You Can Read Section of the Forum- this week is the introduction with legal disclaimers and a the story of the case. Next week will be an overview of the law involved and the following week some speculation on the implications of the law on our pursuit of original comic art

It's up in the forum section under community section at www.comicartfans.com

Best George Hagenauer

Over the years I've had repeated requests to reprint "LarryRupprecht's 'Refrigerator' an article I did years ago about a lawyer friend of mine's battle to recover an Alfons Mucha paintign from another friend of mine who was an antique dealer. At the time it dawned on me that Mucha was an illustrator and there were aspects of the case that paralleled a number of problems related to ownership issues that we were seeing occurring in the comic art field.

Thanks to the good graces of Bill Cox- I've been able to rewrite the piece including reconnecting with my friend the lawyer after all these to doublecheck the facts. The final piece is quite long almost 9000 words so we are posting it in 3 parts in the Art You Can Read Section of the Forum- this week is the introduction with legal disclaimers and a the story of the case. Next week will be an overview of the law involved and the following week some speculation on the implications of the law on our pursuit of original comic art

It's up in the forum section under community section at www.comicartfans.com

Best George Hagenauer

thumbsup2.gif