• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

two spidey 20's!

19 posts in this topic

On the 1st Spidey 20, does the rumple in the back cover's ULC affect the pages? My guess is 5.5 for the top one, 6.0 for the bottom one. I agree, I wouldn't slab them but to each their own. Nice mid-grade copies.

right now i'm guessing 6.0 for the top one and 7.0 for the bottom!

these are both duds i got beat on! the top one i got on ebay as a 9.0! I complained to the seller and he didn't want to refund the $$$ but later said he would then as it turns out he couldn't afford to return the money unless i helped him sell it to another unsuspecting ebayer for the whopping $355 i paid for it! Naturally when the buyer contacted me to ask me about the book i told him the truth that it was way overgraded so he ran scared! All i could get out of the seller was a partial $55 refund--so i really got taken on that one! The 2nd book was sold to me by superworld comics as a VF/VF+ and is another reason why i no longer deal with him! I do believe it will score around 7.0 as the scans really don't show it's nicer qualities! Superworld overgrades most books so if you deal with them you need to be patient because you'll want to return a lot of stuff! frustrated.gif

these are both duds i got beat on! the top one i got on ebay as a 9.0! I complained to the seller and he didn't want to refund the $$$ but later said he would then as it turns out he couldn't afford to return the money unless i helped him sell it to another unsuspecting ebayer for the whopping $355 i paid for it! Naturally when the buyer contacted me to ask me about the book i told him the truth that it was way overgraded so he ran scared! All i could get out of the seller was a partial $55 refund--so i really got taken on that one! The 2nd book was sold to me by superworld comics as a VF/VF+ and is another reason why i no longer deal with him! I do believe it will score around 7.0 as the scans really don't show it's nicer qualities! Superworld overgrades most books so if you deal with them you need to be patient because you'll want to return a lot of stuff!

Top one: 5.5 I can't see a full fine will the back cover beat up so badly along the left. frown.gif

I hope the seller was wearing a condom while he had his way with you. blush.gif

Bottom one: 6.5

VF/VF+? screwy.gif

they are going to be sold on ebay so i think slabbing may help me get a few extra $$$ out of them!

Just my point of view, but i'll certainly not send theses books to CGC.

Sell them raw, you'll not waste time and money thumbsup2.gif

Good lord, who are the sellers?, I want make sure I stay far, far away angel.gif

sadly i forgot to note who the id was of the guy that burned me on the top copy and as i said the bottom copy is ted vanliew of superworld!

yeah he might but it was a long time ago! i have sent so many books back to him that i got frustrated and this book helped lead to me not dealing with him! I had purchased a raw 7.5 spidey 20 off of him and as it turned out the pin-up was missing so i returned it and instead of getting my money back he got me to give him an extra $30 bucks or so for this copy which was sub par but i kept it because i really wanted a spidey 20! Oh well atleast my spidey 20 woes are over i bought a cgc 9.0 at the comiclink focused auction about a month ago and it is smoking!

it was not a detailed pic it was just distant enough to hide the defects and as i recall the seller had good feedback so i took a chance and got burnt! win some! lose some! taught me not to take chances on books over $100!

these are both duds i got beat on! the top one i got on ebay as a 9.0! I complained to the seller and he didn't want to refund the $$$ but later said he would then as it turns out he couldn't afford to return the money unless i helped him sell it to another unsuspecting ebayer for the whopping $355 i paid for it! Naturally when the buyer contacted me to ask me about the book i told him the truth that it was way overgraded so he ran scared! All i could get out of the seller was a partial $55 refund--so i really got taken on that one! The 2nd book was sold to me by superworld comics as a VF/VF+ and is another reason why i no longer deal with him! I do believe it will score around 7.0 as the scans really don't show it's nicer qualities! Superworld overgrades most books so if you deal with them you need to be patient because you'll want to return a lot of stuff! frustrated.gif

consolation prize! i was the only one who nailed both of these! It just goes to show you it's easier to grade a book in hand than from a scan! :blahblah:

I think i might lock these 2 away for 10-20 years and see if they appreciate a little! Things do seem to balance out sometimes -in the same submission i got back a blue label CGC 9.6 W nick fury 5 which i originally bought as a PGX 9.6 but due to the lack of confidence in those guys i snagged it for $199 now it worth about 3x that- :banana: Well any here they are:

fury596006.jpg

fury596007.jpg

consolation prize! i was the only one who nailed both of these! It just goes to show you it's easier to grade a book in hand than from a scan! :blahblah:

I think i might lock these 2 away for 10-20 years and see if they appreciate a little! Things do seem to balance out sometimes -in the same submission i got back a blue label CGC 9.6 W nick fury 5 which i originally bought as a PGX 9.6 but due to the lack of confidence in those guys i snagged it for $199 now it worth about 3x that- :banana: Well any here they are:

fury596006.jpg

fury596007.jpg

lol- still holding both of them 8 years later! Maybe in another decade I can make a few bucks selling them