• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please note that a new board has been created for Direct member sales and WTB

40 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Please respect the NEW definition of the appropriate place to put up YOUR type of selling or buying posts for all posts going forward. Posts that are in the wrong place will simply be removed without comment.

Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling

A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts.

Comics Market - Ebay, Retailers, Dealers

A message board for the purpose advertising comics for sale via ebay, or from dealers or retailers. No anonymous posting is allowed. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction.

• Administrator

There will no doubt be some grey areas on almost-professional-dealers, and forum-only specials. I welcome feedback as we sort out the borderline cases.

Well, I realize that there will never be a solution that will make everyone happy! ...but I very much agree with NearMint. A buying board & a selling board would be a simple, intuitive split.

Willing to try and roll with the new division, but so far I find it pretty confusing, and it means I'm sifting through two different boards for essentially the same information... confused-smiley-013.gif

So if I'm a board member of long standing, but also have a website, and want to post a book in the marketplace at a discount from the price on my website, where do I post?

I like the new classifications as they are. If I want to buy a book off of ebay, I know where to look. I don't always like going through that route though, and not everybody uses the ebay icon for their posts, so splitting those out helps. Also, dealers aren't always the best option, so keeping those out helps too. Refering to the above, if you're advertising a book that's on your website, it would go in the dealers room. If you're posting a book here, and only here, it would go in the other room. You don't want to end up like MH and sell it simultaneously do you? Maybe I'm just wired differently, but it seems pretty easy to me.

So far, so good thumbsup2.gif but I think we need to keep an eye on it. I agree that F/S and WTB should be separate . . . you're either lookin' to sell 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . or you got a big wad of cash burnin' a hole in your pocket 27_laughing.gif

• Administrator
confused-smiley-013.gif So far I think the separation has a nice feel to it. The 2nd board has a community feel to it that can be tapped into by dealers ready to meet WTB needs, and this one has more of an advertising feel to it. The distinction seems comfortable....... so far...... (he says optimistically).

I like it as well. I think the change is for the best.

FWIW, I'd also like to mention that of the six people to post in this thread saying they don't like the change, only one participated in the discussion when the change was first proposed. nearmint, Point Five, svndst1030, Anfield fox and esquirecomics didn't participate in the initial discussion. The protests are a day late and a dollar short IMO.

FWIW, I'd also like to mention that of the six people to post in this thread saying they don't like the change, only one participated in the discussion when the change was first proposed. nearmint, Point Five, svndst1030, Anfield fox and esquirecomics didn't participate in the initial discussion. The protests are a day late and a dollar short IMO.

name-dropper. gossip.gif

Did you get that Marvel collection yet?

I never said I didn't like this split. I would have liked the other split better. Do you have that much free time that you go around researching who participates in each thread.

Ditto.... not a big deal, I just thought the proposed change was WTB/WTS, and my initial reaction was that the new split takes more getting used to. Hell, I love the Marketplace whatever you do to it...you could make the background color hot pink and I'd still come crawling back. 27_laughing.gif