• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAIL on eBay causes fire sale

95 posts in this topic

* DISCLAIMER don't even ask about PREACHER, HELLBLAZER and most LUCIFER pages

tonofbricks.gif

I did put up some Books Of Magick; Life during wartime pages, and am still wrestling with the thought of parting with Lucifer (peter Gross pages only) pages.

My biggest fear is selling off prized pieces to hopefully win this auction and I end up not getting it. So I end up without my Grail and I've sold off great pages foreheadslap.gif

Well, I actually have my "max bid" covered and could pay it right now. So I am trying to re-coup the funds in advance of actually spending them.

The question remains though, will my max bid be enough? I hope so. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

and am I laying my cards on the table by discussing this in a public forum? eh, probably insane.gif

Mike, I was also looking at those paintings myself, and someone directed me that someone here was interested in them. I was actually planning on dipping into my "down payment on a future house" fund for this.

Obviously we both want this, but can only afford so much. Even if we made some sort of pact, it doesn't gaurantee that there won't be other collectors who could stomp us both down, but it's worth discussing a compromise of some sort, I suppose

I would say, aside from the two of you, there are probably several others with serious interest in the item. It's the 8th most watched auction in the OA section of Ebay.

It's an incredibly rare opportunity for the Preacher OA fan. It's not hype. My advice to anyone seriously interested in winning is to line up your financing beforehand, bid the farm, and sell what you have to afterwards to pay for it. A true grail comes along but once.

J

it's as the auction says - nearly ALL the other covers are in the hands of a single collector. I've spoken to glenn, and the collector is a gent that lives not too far from him in England, and they just sort of had this arrangement where everytime glenn finished a cover, this chap would come pick it up. Guy's a millionaire of some sort.

dunno how these escaped his grasp

i don't see the page under OA on ebay and wanted to see it. I'm not bidding as preacher is not my cup of tea, but want to see what all the fuss is about

it's as the auction says - nearly ALL the other covers are in the hands of a single collector. I've spoken to glenn, and the collector is a gent that lives not too far from him in England, and they just sort of had this arrangement where everytime glenn finished a cover, this chap would come pick it up. Guy's a millionaire of some sort.

dunno how these escaped his grasp

I think the "nearly all" comes from the deal not being made until after a couple of the early covers had already been sold off.

I hear the guy is one of those rich type millionares, with money and [embarrassing lack of self control].

And if you speak to Glenn again, ask where my 893censored-thumb.gifing comission is. Its been nearly 3 years now sign-rantpost.gif

Mike

Such a tough one to predict. Has anyone ever seen or know of another Fabry Preacher cover changing hands either privately or publicly?

This could be really interesting. devil.gif

I have a feeling it's going to be completely bonkers.

I think the "nearly all" comes from the deal not being made until after a couple of the early covers had already been sold off.

I hear the guy is one of those rich type millionares, with money and [embarrassing lack of self control].

And if you speak to Glenn again, ask where my 893censored-thumb.gifing comission is. Its been nearly 3 years now sign-rantpost.gif

Mike

yes, but these would not have been early paintings. These were from Dead or Alive, so they would have been the LAST preacher paintings

(hehe, "embarassing lack of self control" actually works with your sentence, I didn't notice it was a censor at first)

and I know what you mean - you know Buzz? he's owed my like 5 commissions going on 3 years now