• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pov's Start - SOTI - original Hardbound w/DJ

11 posts in this topic

I am selling my copy of Seduction Of The Innocent by Frederic Wertham (as if you didn;t know). This is, I believe, the 2nd printing of the 1st edition. I will verify that when I get home and also will post a scan.

Book is in Good condition with dust jacket. The bibliography pages are missing (you can see the edges of them where they were apparantly removed for this edition.) But xeroxes of the two pages is included.

This is NOT a library copy. It has the dust jacket. Dust jacket has the title in red on the front and the spine. The spine is fading badly. The front is still dark.

I want $150.00 for this book. Shipping will be exactly what the PO charges, but I do want insurance and delivery confirmation.

Scans and more info later but tonight is gnna be busy so wanted to get this in now.

Jeeze is 150 too much for a non-library with dust jacket? I will be modifying this ad and putting up a couple of scans in the next day or so. Also will be adding more Wertham related stuff and many good hardbound books, including some of the Benton books (Crime, Horror etc), books on EC, the ACG book, Parade Of Pleasure etc etc. The books will all be in one listing. I do want to list the Wertham SOTI separately.

Pov,

Waiting for confirmation that it's a second print. confused-smiley-013.gif

How Pov hated the Kli!

Fair enough. Willverify soon.

OK. This appears to be a 2nd printing of the 1st edition (yes, such a thing exists in books.) I have added some scans. Note the inner binding is "sliced". This is VERY easy to fix with glue but I will not do that myself. Leave it up to the buyer to do what they want. All of the paper is still there and it would glue back perfectly. The book itself is still very solid. I have included a spine shot so you can see the fading on the dust jacket's spine.

$150 plus shipping to Forumites only. But I want this to go to a good home and not be flipped. I could get more on ebay but am hoping a friend here will get it and value it.

1143632-soti.jpg

1143632-soti.jpg.b7e0eef800116478ec8fd607104b8467.jpg

I own a former library copy, but am unsure of whether it is a 1st print or not. My book has the same page you show and a bibliography section in the back (complete), along with the picture section (one panel cut out)...and of course they rewrapped the book...but still...