• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

942 Spidey Books for $1000 ASM #121,122,129,135 etc

82 posts in this topic

a very very nice deal was made...kudos to B.! quicly you'll recover your investisement...and more!

hey silvers, this could have been one of the best deals of your life as a spidey fan... wink.gif

regards

The first thing I did was run like hell down the hallway to my mom to tell her this.

But she said we didn't have the 1k to get them, so I told her that we'd also have to

pick them up, and then she said that it woulden't be possible. I later PMed

Him and asked if I could buy some individually, thinking it woulden't matter much

since he's willing to take the lose, well, that turned out to be a no. frown.gif

Damn you Beyonder!

thumbsup2.gif congrats nonetheless man. Enjoy them. lol

Of course Silvers asked if he could buy the 121, 122, 129, and 238 for $1.06 each smile.gif

It also turns out I may be headed out to Ohio. Seems my beloved Tarheels were given a #3 seed in the NCAA tournament and head out to Dayton this coming weekend. They were supposed to be a #2 seed and play out of Greensboro. smile.gif

Jim

a very very nice deal was made...kudos to B.! quicly you'll recover your investisement...and more!

hey silvers, this could have been one of the best deals of your life as a spidey fan... wink.gif

regards

The first thing I did was run like hell down the hallway to my mom to tell her this.

But she said we didn't have the 1k to get them, so I told her that we'd also have to

pick them up, and then she said that it woulden't be possible. I later PMed

Him and asked if I could buy some individually, thinking it woulden't matter much

since he's willing to take the lose, well, that turned out to be a no. frown.gif

Damn you Beyonder!

thumbsup2.gif congrats nonetheless man. Enjoy them. lol

damn silvers...you should have said to your mother that you would do the groceries shop + dinner + clean the house for the next full year...like that you could have got some negotiation space/argument!

nice try on asking for the individual comics...but one thing is to lose some $$$, another is to burn $$$ wink.gifgrin.gif

it should be interesting to sell this coll. individually with time in the long therm...it could finance the buying of some nice perles for B's collection!!!

one thing is good for spidey, either they be from today, yesterday or from 30 years ago, there will be always someone looking for it!!! cloud9.gif

regards

Should have them in my possession in about 4 hours. Can't wait. Love going through longboxes... cloud9.gif

Plus it will probably give you a lot more material for BIN.

It will be nice to leave my personal collection alone for a bit.

Although...with 4 hours to kill...I might as well grab another pile from the vault & post 'em up. yay.gif

Should have them in my possession in about 4 hours. Can't wait. Love going through longboxes... cloud9.gif

Although...with 4 hours to kill...I might as well grab another pile from the vault & post 'em up. yay.gif

Do it. Who knows you may get me to buy something before I sent payment for that Crisis #7. thumbsup2.gif

Of course Silvers asked if he could buy the 121, 122, 129, and 238 for $1.06 each smile.gif

It also turns out I may be headed out to Ohio. Seems my beloved Tarheels were given a #3 seed in the NCAA tournament and head out to Dayton this coming weekend. They were supposed to be a #2 seed and play out of Greensboro. smile.gif

Jim

DUKE DUKE DUKE

Jim, want to get in a bracket? CGC Forum people?

Jim

DUKE DUKE DUKE

Jim, want to get in a bracket? CGC Forum people?

I'm down for doing one. I want to put Duke down as going out in the first round. makepoint.gif

Do it. Who knows you may get me to buy something before I sent payment for that Crisis #7. thumbsup2.gif

Any requests? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any requests? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DC superhero. I have been on a Batman kick lately. Just the Batman title though and not Detective.

Jim

Actually, I would have tooken these:

+ The 238, and the 237, and maybe 239.

How could I? Sacfricies. If he woulda gaven me those, well, anything I had planned for the future can shove a cork in it. Oh well.

In april I still am off to see Brian M. Bendis, and Ray Park from the Star Wars..:(

Oh what happyness I still shall have.

Jim

How could I? Sacfricies. If he woulda gaven me those, well, anything I had planned for the future can shove a cork in it. Oh well.

In april I still am off to see Brian M. Bendis, and Ray Park from the Star Wars..:(

You don't get it do you? The reason Jim is selling them so cheap is because he doesn't have the time to sell them individually. Now if he gave you the ones above at $1.06 each then he would be left with the moderns and stuff which is much harder to shift. The likes of Web, Spectacular, etc. Therefore he sells them all in bulk and dangles the carrot of the Silver Age books and keys like 121, 122, 129, 238, etc.

Jim

You don't get it do you? The reason Jim is selling them so cheap is because he doesn't have the time to sell them individually. Now if he gave you the ones above at $1.06 each then he would be left with the moderns and stuff which is much harder to shift. The likes of Web, Spectacular, etc. Therefore he sells them all in bulk and dangles the carrot of the Silver Age books and keys like 121, 122, 129, 238, etc.

I know, it would take a lot of time. But, I still thought I'd give it a try. lol

And to Kermit: Eh, I could a offerd my mom that, but she knowing me

woulden't have belived it. Lmao

I am sorry but this is a big one that drives me crazy. That is not a word. The word is taken. I can let a lot go but tooken is not something that I can.