• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Doc Joe said:

CCDC3982-B906-4ABC-B6C4-F1E8EEA16A11.jpeg

With a scrumptious selection like this, I feel compelled to play my favorite game: top row, I'd take the Whiz hands down, though I remember fondly the Overstreet with that Katy cover; 2nd row, Thrilling edges out Atomic War and the great Cole cover; Tessie and Sparkler neck and neck, but I think GGA gets the nod tonight over the swas_____; and that beautiful Iger-shop Jungle all the way on the bottom row (I know the Centaur fans will scratch their head, and I don't even like that Cole cover - minority opinion, I know!).

1 hour ago, Doc Joe said:

88403E68-5C12-49B4-B9C1-F28D15D62E22.jpeg

Some toughies here: top row, I've gotta go with the Earthman by a hair over the Vault simply for the cover (and my overall fondness for Avon one-shots); 2nd row, Mister Mystery; 3rd row, JIM; bottom row, pretty tough - flamethrower War a hot cover, sure but either of those Crime Does Not Pays would make a nice Christmas present. However, that over the top exploitation Harvey Hits is the winner for me. Hey, it's not just about the $$$$!  :cloud9:

Edited by PopKulture

On 11/13/2017 at 9:55 PM, PopKulture said:

Some toughies here: top row, I've gotta go with the Earthman by a hair over the Vault simply for the cover (and my overall fondness for Avon one-shots); 2nd row, Mister Mystery; 3rd row, JIM; bottom row, pretty tough - flamethrower War a hot cover, sure but either of those Crime Does Not Pays would make a nice Christmas present. However, that over the top exploitation Harvey Hits is the winner for me. Hey, it's not just about the $$$$!  :cloud9:

You and I think alike on both of the above pictures. The only difference for me is I would take the Weird Mysteries 5 over the Mister Mystery 12.

15 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

You and I think alike on both of the above pictures. The only difference for me is I would take the Weird Mysteries 5 over the Mister Mystery 12.

I'll consider myself in good company then! The Weird Mysteries 5 and Mister Mystery 12 were pretty close for me (as were several such match-ups), but I went with the eye injury gore as it was an odd-numbered date. (:

15 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I know spamming is frowned upon but we have acquired a couple of neat collections in the past week and I thought these photos were kind of cool...

newwebstuff3.jpg

Can a Defenders 10 and Marvel Mystery 12 really co-habitate on the same table??

The Action 200 looks like a winner, Joker's utility belt is peeking out, and those Timely/Atlas GGA stacks in the top row deserve a closer look!

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Can a Defenders 10 and Marvel Mystery 12 really co-habitate on the same table??

They seem to get along just fine. Apparently relatives of some sort, great uncle or something. They are a little rowdy though.

36 minutes ago, geofan said:
4 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

IMG_7872.thumb.JPG.277adc696d96ac8c01ce172bad4da57e.JPG

You have some amazing books yourself my friend...I especially love the Sensation 1, that's a book that I've never had the pleasure of  owning.

Real nice collection love them all. I would like to see the Cap's as one but than it would be conserved/restored

14 hours ago, woowoo said:

Real nice collection love them all. I would like to see the Cap's as one but than it would be conserved/restored

There's no conservation or restoration on the Cap #1's so it would get the green "married" label.  Maybe I'll do it someday.