• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

I have to remind myself that the robot is the "good" guy.  Has there been a Bergy reprint book.

Yeah, that's Grag the robot, friend of Captain Future!

Earle Bergey's grandson Joshua lives near me and we've been talking a lot.  He's written a book about his grandfather, and just last week his agent started shopping it to publishers.  So fingers crossed, we'll have a Bergey book soon!

BTW, I texted Joshua that photo and he shared it with his family.  He said they loved it, but were very surprised.  They don't seem to realize the high regard he's still held in.

5 hours ago, RedFury said:

I took this group shot last week as I was sorting through my boxes, getting ready for Pulpfest.  Turns out I have 13 copies of this one (which is a good problem to have!).

84RyDs5h.jpg

I have two covers but only one complete copy.

2239296025_63400521a9_b.jpg

11 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

Captain Future's author, Edmond Hamilton, has lots of stories in Strange Adventures and they used his name on the cover.

Darn it if I didn't see your post on the main page and came here thinking I was gonna get pictures of BB gun ads in Golden Age books and think it was some kinda contest about guess the Golden Age year by the BB gun ad. :sorry:

11 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Darn it if I didn't see your post on the main page and came here thinking I was gonna get pictures of BB gun ads in Golden Age books and think it was some kinda contest about guess the Golden Age year by the BB gun ad. :sorry:

September, October, No wonder...free association at work, I think.

I am a big fan of Red Ryder and his BB-Gun so how about this back cover?  When or where was it published?

1767278992_fed0b11695_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun