• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ender said:

Has anyone ever tried to re-create some of the news stand photos that show GA comics?  You would need a heck of a collection but it would be really cool to see what all comics were on the stand July of 1972 or any other random month.  Some of the photos on here already come close without even trying.  Just top notch collections!

Yes but I couldn't tell you who.  I remember someone posting a pic of books in comic rack from a certain month/year.  Some do it based on their birthday year/month (comics on the stands at the time).

It is a cool idea.  The ones I remember were SA and BA books.  Can't remember GA but probably has been tried and/or done.

10 hours ago, ender said:

Has anyone ever tried to re-create some of the news stand photos that show GA comics?  You would need a heck of a collection but it would be really cool to see what all comics were on the stand July of 1972 or any other random month.  Some of the photos on here already come close without even trying.  Just top notch collections!

Boardie Scrooge has all but one of the books on the newsstand at the time of Four Color 386 (first appearance of you know who).

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

A little Blue Beetle Mystery Men Comic goodness as he delivers a right, then a left, and finishes it off with an uppercut sequentially!!

Is it just me or does this blonde keep finding herself in a pickle haha!!?!!

Wow, Gino!  You da' man - great and gut-wrenchingly tough books.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:35 PM, telerites said:

I may have posted this before but just finished sorting my GA A titles - another short run group.  I have tried to figure out what is going on with the cover of #4.  Cool cover by Baker but someone chime in if they can tell me - has to be some sort of radioactive machine but the male fools should realize they will incur the effects as well.    And is the guy closest to the tree yawning or gasping in amazement.  Still with all that, Baker drew a lovely girl. 

117086135_AtomicComicsGroup.thumb.jpg.dc3261ddcc6a499a4703a2b887cce019.jpg

Very nice set of a great 4 issue series! Since that glare off those fancy plastic cases obscures the true beauty of the lovely books within, I'll post mine.

comatomiccomicsgroupshot.jpg

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

And since there were a few fun groups of Prize comics posted earlier. Here are mine. I think I have 3 or 4 more I picked up since I shot this photo. Wish I had more but they have just gotton way too popular (and expensive) these days.

Luv' em, RM!  Tough books in there!

46 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

And since there were a few fun groups of Prize comics posted earlier. Here are mine. I think I have 3 or 4 more I picked up since I shot this photo. Wish I had more but they have just gotton way too popular (and expensive) these days.

comprizegroupshot.jpg

(worship)