• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, Yellow Kid said:

A good friend of mine, Ray Funk, assembled a complete run of Famous Funnies from #3 when Buck Rogers started, to the last issue.  When he was dying, he asked me to take them because he wanted to know they had a good home.  I scanned copies of #1 and #2 and adjusted them to fit in the matrix.  Here are the first 72 issues.

CIS Famous Funnies Collection page 1.jpg

Great stuff Rich. I suspect there aren't any better homes they could have gone to!

On 10/11/2019 at 12:56 PM, Yellow Kid said:

A good friend of mine, Ray Funk, assembled a complete run of Famous Funnies from #3 when Buck Rogers started, to the last issue.  When he was dying, he asked me to take them because he wanted to know they had a good home.  I scanned copies of #1 and #2 and adjusted them to fit in the matrix.  Here are the first 72 issues.

CIS Famous Funnies Collection page 1.jpg

:golfclap:

2 hours ago, Yellow Kid said:

For the Disney collectors, and I have always been one, here is a set of the 16 Dumbo Weekly issues with the holder and mailer. 

CIS Dumbo DX #1-8 obverse EMAIL.jpg

CIS Dumbo DX #9-16 obverse EMAIL.jpg

CIS Dumbo Weekly D-X set 1942 mailer.jpg

Tough set to acquire. Did you get them all together or one by one? Good to see you posting here and showing us your killer collection Rich!

On 12/5/2019 at 10:58 PM, sagii said:

20191204_133225.jpg

Great set. 6 should be easy to find. 4 is around but usually restored or damaged. 8 is super tough. Love 'em!

On 12/5/2019 at 1:36 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Group shot of seven high end golden age collected at an El Fenix in south Arlington, TX last week... :grin:

443354074_DonMarisCatConradBobWayneSaundersJDSnov2019.thumb.jpg.6f40662ecb3d9898da320fdfdcf538b7.jpg

L-R: Steve Schleef, Bruce Schultz, Buddy Saunders, El Gato, Bob Wayne, Don Maris, David Spurlock

:tink:

Looks like a lot of fun and definitely meets the criteria for a “Golden Aged Group Shot”. :golfclap: