• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,316 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Finally have the 3 Our Flag Covers with the FLAG on them!!

7C79DB5B-C7A5-4F22-84BD-DDBF051A8EA5.jpeg

Congrats Gino, that in itself is kind of 'complete' since the other two covers feature Captain Courageous. 

But I know the rarity hound in you will drive you to knock off the last  two to make it official! 

Congrats,  super group shot! I think i have only seen two other copies of Our Flag 5 posted my entire time on the Boards,  the epicentre of uber collectors 

On 5/13/2020 at 11:50 AM, MrBedrock said:

facebooklivegroupshot2.jpg

Every time somebody quotes this (and it is VERY quote-worthy indeed), I smile and think you're subconsciously assembling everything you and I and everyone else coming into AARP-dom drooled over in Richard O'Brien's "The Golden Age of Comic Books!"  :cloud9:

At least four of those books were in the book, and there weren't any Marvels (copyright obstacles) so the super-plane didn't even have a chance, while the Brenda Starr and the Strange Worlds would've missed the cut-off. The "Golden Age" back then seemed to have a hard cut-off at 1945.  :sumo:

21 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Every time somebody quotes this (and it is VERY quote-worthy indeed), I smile and think you're subconsciously assembling everything you and I and everyone else coming into AARP-dom drooled over in Richard O'Brien's "The Golden Age of Comic Books!"  :cloud9:

At least four of those books were in the book, and there weren't any Marvels (copyright obstacles) so the super-plane didn't even have a chance, while the Brenda Starr and the Strange Worlds would've missed the cut-off. The "Golden Age" back then seemed to have a hard cut-off at 1945.  :sumo:

It wasn't my intention, but having loved O'brien's book as well as the Benton books and any other compilation of color covers of great old comics I can't help but be influenced. 

18 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

I do enjoy those MLJ issues.  Fuje art was the best but Storm made the strip a little scary too.

23570090581_7bb9146dd5_b.jpg

Nice group shot BB. Cool color strike on the Jackpot

and Hangman #8 (worship)

4 hours ago, sagii said:

Nice group shot BB. Cool color strike on the Jackpot

and Hangman #8 (worship)

I think I have two copies of Hangman 8 or at least the centerfold.  This may be one of those issues that lists false content to confuse Overstreet.

13190058114_712ff92d71_b.jpg

6 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

I think I have two copies of Hangman 8 or at least the centerfold.  This may be one of those issues that lists false content to confuse Overstreet.

13190058114_712ff92d71_b.jpg

Killer interior shot BB