• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

So, as mentioned in the Have a Cigar thread, this is how you avoid scanning over a 1000 books. These are my Four Colors to date. That's 20 stacks of about 50 right there. I look at this and can only wonder how much the supplies alone set me back lol

Jeez. That is pretty.

So, as mentioned in the Have a Cigar thread, this is how you avoid scanning over a 1000 books. These are my Four Colors to date. That's 20 stacks of about 50 right there. I look at this and can only wonder how much the supplies alone set me back lol

Simply stunning Michael! I am in awe!

106609.jpg

Great shot Scrooge! I love me some big stacks of golden age :cloud9:

Edited by ciorac

Simply stunning Michael! I am in awe!

+1 :o

Thanks guys.

Wouldn't have been able to get to that point without the boards' help. I've bought some of these from: Montezuma, Catrick, ft88, 143ksk, Shiverbones, ARK, Flatrock02, Selegue, Point5 and probably others I didn't mean to forget

For the encore, here are ALL of them. There is nagging hole in the 130's and in the later part of the run, some holes are not books I am still missing but those missing Four Color numbers.

First post with the early numbers is sparse but once we get to the 300's, few are still missing.

FCALL1.jpg

FCALL2.jpg

FCALL3.jpg

FCALL4.jpg

FCALL5.jpg

FCALL6.jpg

FCALL7.jpg

FCALL8.jpg

FCALL9.jpg

Wow - that has to be the ultimate group shot! What great lot of comics - those pictures made me wish I could sit down and start reading them. Some iconic covers, some instantly recognisable characters, classic movies (Rod Taylor in the Time Machine anyone?) and some very obscure titles.

Just great, great stuff.

Thanks :) but there's nothing much to it really. The Four Color run is a numbers' game. None of the books are really rare. It just take time, perseverance and organization. Bullet is doing it right by chasing higher grade books. If I had old G.A.tor money I wanted to spend on this, I'd be done tomorrow or next week. It's just daunting since at 77% complete, I still need 310 books :insane: