• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,316 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, comicjack said:

I consider i like it lots :applause:

Thanks guys! Weird Fantasy and Weird Science were some of the first titles I dived (dove?) into when I took the plunge into the GA. Great art, great stories, and relatively affordable. 

21 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

For your consideration: early books in the Weird Fantasy run.

These are in a 3x3 array of Mylar sleeves, mounted on a backboard hanging on my wall, so I can swap in and out different comics. (Credit to my local framing shop.)

WeirdFantasy_3x3_panel_300_6w_8q_zps19w1

Very neat layout!

On 3/12/2017 at 11:13 PM, Zolnerowich said:

For your consideration: early books in the Weird Fantasy run.

These are in a 3x3 array of Mylar sleeves, mounted on a backboard hanging on my wall, so I can swap in and out different comics. (Credit to my local framing shop.)

WeirdFantasy_3x3_panel_300_6w_8q_zps19w1

The answer is YES...I dig it!!! Cool stuff man!!

So i had some books out just playing around like a kid in a candy store the other day and I realized Wow i really dig the clarity and feel of these new slabs!! Not to the point where i have actually sent any in to get reholdered or anything but it's not out of the realm of possibility. So I have 4 books total in the new holders and here they are...strange idea for a group shot i know 

New CGC slabs

Great group shot fellas: Iv'e only got one Lou Fine book (Hit 7), and Gino, i recently joined the club on one of those books your displaying :banana:

And yes, the new holders are really cool :headbang:

7 hours ago, sagii said:

Great group shot fellas: Iv'e only got one Lou Fine book (Hit 7), and Gino, i recently joined the club on one of those books your displaying :banana:

And yes, the new holders are really cool :headbang:

Thanks Corey and and yes you did!!? As far as Fine Covers are concerned Hit 7 is definitely a high QUALITY choice!!! ?

On 3/13/2017 at 11:31 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

So i had some books out just playing around like a kid in a candy store the other day and I realized Wow i really dig the clarity and feel of these new slabs!! Not to the point where i have actually sent any in to get reholdered or anything but it's not out of the realm of possibility. So I have 4 books total in the new holders and here they are...strange idea for a group shot i know 

New CGC slabs

The obvious theme of this group is that they are all very cool books!

On 3/14/2017 at 7:52 PM, batman_fan said:

My recently acquired Hit 17 along with some friends.

D01BA944-4A33-45B8-9BE3-EE5D51CE7E26.jpg

That's a very impressive foursome! I was a bit shocked at what that Hit 17 realized..but then again,given the current market on books like that, I should've known better. It's an incredibly tough book in any grade and yours is a beauty! Congrats!!

On 3/13/2017 at 10:31 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

New CGC slabs

Another killer foursome. I love seeing all these cool group shots. Great newly holdered books Gino! And I agree, the new slabs sure are dramatically improved.