• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

Is two a group? tongue.gif Great thread, Alton! I always enjoy seeing a classic run of comics that someone has put together.

Actually it was seeing Batman-fan's group shot of Batman 1-11 that really inspired me to start collecting a GA run.

I was originally going to try for a Batman 1-11 of my own since I love those covers. But I can't afford them in the grade I want so now I'm focusing on my favorite Batman series... Detective Comics. I love the early Penguin stories and covers so that's what I'm working on.

So far I've got.............. 0. But I'm looking at buying my first one shortly. They seem fairly hard to find in the condition I want (F/VF to VF with excellent page quality).

So look for a group shot of my HG Penguin Tecs in about 2-3 yrs. tongue.gif

well the dictionary I have here says: "Two or more figures that make up a unit or design", so yeah, two or more books would be a group. good luck on your Detective Comics run,, some really great covers in that title.

hey Durden, I didn't know More Fun 32 had an Action 1 ad, very cool, I may have to get one as well just for that, (closest I'll get to and Action 1).

hey Durden, I didn't know More Fun 32 had an Action 1 ad, very cool, I may have to get one as well just for that, (closest I'll get to and Action 1).

It's the closest I'll ever get to an Action #1 as well. I bought it already slabbed, but I'm going to crack it one of these days to check out the ad. I believe More Fun 31 & 32 both have the ad if I'm not mistaken. TEC #15 also has the ad.

yeah, it would be very hard for me to resist cracking open that slab, and checking out the ad, then just place the book into a Mylar..

Geez, I so agree! grin.gif I can't fathom how you guys can resist opening slabs of 3.0 or 4.0 GA books, unless you intend to resell them. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, wondering what was inside my books!

It's the closest I'll ever get to an Action #1 as well. I bought it already slabbed, but I'm going to crack it one of these days to check out the ad. I believe More Fun 31 & 32 both have the ad if I'm not mistaken. TEC #15 also has the ad.

I'm surprised there's not a copy of it posted in Zaid's promotional ad thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

awesome shots Ian, I remember when you first "completed" your collection, and posted these, I loved it then, and I love it now.. Action 1-10, 'Tec's, All Star's.. just great pics...