• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

27533520785_a0625ca507_b.jpg

Some favorite Good Girl art

Now, I have to add that Alley Oop to my list. Sweet books!

There are several that have great girl covers by Xela around that issue. You will like 'em all.

Not sure if this was my scan but here is another Oop and it has the initials AS at the bottom.

27486940602_1f9166e153_o.jpg

I debated not including this one, as I already posted it once on the appreciation thread, but when it comes to GGA, this just seems to fit.

Sorry for the poor photo quality on this one and the Excitings. I am NOT a photographer (as you can see)!

ilhoi8.jpg

Wow that's awesome!

I'd love to see a pic of these in a pile with no bags to simulate the stacks you'd see for sale print fresh.

Someone was collecting Marvel Mystery Comics #40's here, the multi copy group photos are some of my favorites.

27084956283_508fb0d786_b.jpg

Sometimes the end run is better than the middle issues but middle of the run had Baker art too. Sheena was there to help on the earlier covers but by the end of the run the victims were on their own.

Edited by BB-Gun

Here are a few cool group shots:

The Group: 4 Golden Age beauties that sustained some unfortunate case damage during shipping to me (around the turn of this year).

CrackOutGroup_1.jpg

So, I had been thinking.... hm ....should I have them reholdered, or should I just crack them out?

...reholdered, he says? ..... :roflmao:

:insane:

CrackOutGroup_2.jpg

CrackOutGroup_3.jpg

:acclaim:

Here are a few cool group shots:

The Group: 4 Golden Age beauties that sustained some unfortunate case damage during shipping to me (around the turn of this year).

(snip-bb)

So, I had been thinking.... hm ....should I have them reholdered, or should I just crack them out?

...reholdered, he says? ..... :roflmao:

:insane:

CrackOutGroup_3.jpg

:acclaim:

You are missing one...It's difficult to crack them out. I have only cracked a purple one so I could add a centerfold.

26652274311_d62ae6c530_c.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

You are missing one...It's difficult to crack them out. I have only cracked a purple one so I could add a centerfold.

26652274311_d62ae6c530_c.jpg

Nice group there, BB! :applause:

I have the #1...just haven't cracked her out yet. Might as well, though.... hm

blackcat1_f.jpg

Here's another group shot of all the Black Cat motorcycle covers, before I started cracking...

BlackCatGroup.jpg

And speaking of motorcycle covers, here's another group shot of some that I've been accumulating this year from various places (mostly low-mid grades)...finally got around to re-bagging and boarding 'em this evening...now I can file them away where they belong:

MotorcycleGroupJune16.jpg

Did some more "catch-up" bagging and boarding...today was a little group of satire books that I've picked up in recent months...of course, all these other publishers were trying to capitalize on EC's Mad phenomenon...:

SatireGroupJune16.jpg

27847214551_accfa858cc_b.jpg

I have had doubles of a couple of the Fox giants and the content was exactly the same. The Almanac of Crime has a Phantom Lady issue inside. The coverless giant is also an Almanac of Crime.

27847214551_accfa858cc_b.jpg

I have had doubles of a couple of the Fox giants and the content was exactly the same. The Almanac of Crime has a Phantom Lady issue inside. The coverless giant is also an Almanac of Crime.

Actually, the Almanac of Crime issues are a little different. One issue has a Zoot and the other a JoJo. Both have Phantom Lady 19 and the Cattle Kate story. hm

That's a fun set of books. :applause:

Did some more "catch-up" bagging and boarding...today was a little group of satire books that I've picked up in recent months...of course, all these other publishers were trying to capitalize on EC's Mad phenomenon...:

SatireGroupJune16.jpg