• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

Speaking of Nedors, a small group shot. (And no, neither are for sale...)

comexciting39x2_zpsljkko52m.jpg

Great pieces of history you have there.

I'm a fan RM just haven't started with that publisher yet as I do like Ace, MLJ, and Fox hero books more. I like a few of the early Wonders I think those will be some of the first I chase and some of the Grim Reaper splashes in those are really cool as well. Also enjoy Americas Best as well as a few Black Terror and Exciting books. I do feel like Schomburgs work in the nedors is a bit more cookie cutter in a sense that they just aren't quite as dynamic but that could be just a personal preference thing. I will have a nice little stack from this publisher when all is said and done just haven't got around to it yet so in the meantime I will just enjoy yours from the stands ?

It is a group :cloud9:

SUMMER%202015%20017_zpsivwcutvn.jpg

This is the kind of stuff that the show Hoarders is made of :o

Totally just kidding that is soooo cool what a great book too have always enjoyed the clock tower cover!! Really enjoy the photo they look super neat together like this (thumbs u

Totally just kidding that is soooo cool what a great book too have always enjoyed the clock tower cover!! Really enjoy the photo they look super neat together like this (thumbs u

:o

That's correct a Tec #187 is not that scarce in lower grades but over 6.0 then were not finding to many issues. It took me about 15 to 20 years to accumulate these. I have a few more as well and will post at a later date!! I have lost just as much as I have won at any various auctions. Some of these purchases were at conventions in the late 90's. Prices seem pretty high now so I think retirement for purchasing this issue is a consideration!

Here are some fun ones ... orginal group shots circa 1988 (I think). And yes, the 13- or 14-year-old me had some very odd bedroom furniture.

CCF02032010_00006_zpsq0j6urhw.jpg

oldArchie_zpslpst69y4.jpg

Awsome vintage photos. Wish I did that when I was a kid. You gotta be the only boy I know that collected Archies as a kid. In my hood, it was Marvel and DC all the way.I had to trade 3 or 4 Archies or Sad Sacks to get second tier Marvels or DCs.

If this is considered "hoarding" then I guess I better not post any group shots (of say specific Action Comics) that I like more than others. You guys would have the people from the hoarders show over my house quick as the flash. lol.

Great shot BH. Tech 187 has a great cover. I can see why you have such an admiration for it. Nice job putting together that group shot!

(thumbs u(thumbs u

Here are some fun ones ... orginal group shots circa 1988 (I think). And yes, the 13- or 14-year-old me had some very odd bedroom furniture.

CCF02032010_00006_zpsq0j6urhw.jpg

Looks like the Black Seas Barracuda and Eldorado Fortress in the background. hm

The comics are pretty cool, too.