Golden Age group shot
28 28

8,705 posts in this topic

6,807 posts

Sqeegs, Point Five, thank you both. You gents are not too shabby yourselves  ;)

8,770 posts

Perhaps some of these World's finest are a little late for Golden Age but they make a nice group.

32887081650_6fb44e24f1_b.jpg33228736326_7b819fb667_b.jpg

2,131 posts

For your consideration: early books in the Weird Fantasy run.

These are in a 3x3 array of Mylar sleeves, mounted on a backboard hanging on my wall, so I can swap in and out different comics. (Credit to my local framing shop.)

WeirdFantasy_3x3_panel_300_6w_8q_zps19w1

16,791 posts

I consider i like it lots :applause:

2,131 posts
10 hours ago, comicjack said:

I consider i like it lots :applause:

Thanks guys! Weird Fantasy and Weird Science were some of the first titles I dived (dove?) into when I took the plunge into the GA. Great art, great stories, and relatively affordable. 

23,195 posts
21 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

These are in a 3x3 array of Mylar sleeves, mounted on a backboard hanging on my wall, so I can swap in and out different comics. (Credit to my local framing shop.)

Very neat layout!

2,131 posts
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Very neat layout!

Thanks Sqeggs! I'm taking requests for my next 3x3 panel theme... :popcorn:

11,990 posts
On 1/29/2017 at 11:08 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Feeding at Terry's California Comic Show today. Guess you could call this a group shot.

IMG_3188_zpsktxhekt1.jpg

Add to this what I fell into at the Carbo show this past weekend.

IMG_3467.JPG

5,382 posts
On 3/12/2017 at 11:13 PM, Zolnerowich said:

The answer is YES...I dig it!!! Cool stuff man!!

5,382 posts

So i had some books out just playing around like a kid in a candy store the other day and I realized Wow i really dig the clarity and feel of these new slabs!! Not to the point where i have actually sent any in to get reholdered or anything but it's not out of the realm of possibility. So I have 4 books total in the new holders and here they are...strange idea for a group shot i know 

New CGC slabs

6,807 posts

Great group shot fellas: Iv'e only got one Lou Fine book (Hit 7), and Gino, i recently joined the club on one of those books your displaying :banana:

And yes, the new holders are really cool :headbang:

5,382 posts
7 hours ago, sagii said:

Great group shot fellas: Iv'e only got one Lou Fine book (Hit 7), and Gino, i recently joined the club on one of those books your displaying :banana:

And yes, the new holders are really cool :headbang:

Thanks Corey and and yes you did!!? As far as Fine Covers are concerned Hit 7 is definitely a high QUALITY choice!!! ?

5,382 posts
7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

My recently acquired Hit 17 along with some friends.

D01BA944-4A33-45B8-9BE3-EE5D51CE7E26.jpg

Great group shot here!! The kind of stuff dreams are made of!!! All excellent books and mighty Fine example of them too!! 

23,195 posts
On 3/13/2017 at 11:31 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

So i had some books out just playing around like a kid in a candy store the other day and I realized Wow i really dig the clarity and feel of these new slabs!! Not to the point where i have actually sent any in to get reholdered or anything but it's not out of the realm of possibility. So I have 4 books total in the new holders and here they are...strange idea for a group shot i know 

New CGC slabs

The obvious theme of this group is that they are all very cool books!

2,640 posts

Wow,some amazing books in that shot. Very nicely done Minh. Got a favorite in the group?

2,640 posts
On 3/14/2017 at 7:52 PM, batman_fan said:

My recently acquired Hit 17 along with some friends.

D01BA944-4A33-45B8-9BE3-EE5D51CE7E26.jpg

That's a very impressive foursome! I was a bit shocked at what that Hit 17 realized..but then again,given the current market on books like that, I should've known better. It's an incredibly tough book in any grade and yours is a beauty! Congrats!!

2,640 posts
On 3/13/2017 at 10:31 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

New CGC slabs

Another killer foursome. I love seeing all these cool group shots. Great newly holdered books Gino! And I agree, the new slabs sure are dramatically improved.