• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, CycloneComics said:

My collection of Grand Slam three Aces comics

Not in the picture is the Crippen copy of this book...it is packed away with the other Canadian Crippen books (thumbsu

image_zpswqvs2zqm.jpeg

WOW!!! that's quite the hoard!! I dig it!!

5 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Nice!If I remember right,some of the baddies in that Superman comic use drugs...goofballs maybe?

Love that Shadow cover.

Thx! I haven't read the Supes yet, but that would explain why it was a SOTI book. I was wondering. The Shadow cover is a cool one; some of the Street and Smith's don't get much love but I find myself warming to them. Plus, it's got a ton of skulls on it, so what's the over/under that ComicJack has multiples of it and/or the highest graded ped copy of it??? :kidaround: I wouldn't bet against that!

8 minutes ago, sagii said:

Great score sir! (thumbsu

Thank you! The three DC's would grade lower than their appearance as each has its own spine splitting issue. Bats and Supes slight cover splits, Bats being worse. The CC has that square bound problem where back cover and last couple pages' top couple inches are split off in a neat, straight line. Paper quality wise it's the best of the three, followed by Supes.

The middle three books are more solidly high VG to middle grade 5.0-ish books, without accounting for any GA grading curve.

But they are all take 'em when you find in the wild types, so I took 'em!