• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

This is a photo of my purchases from 2016. I've sold three of them, but the photo is an accurate summation of my buys, and is the only group photo I have.tq8Tfe.jpg

So many special books in that pile.  Batman and Blue Beetle cost you some cash but an early Pep is hard to find.  Did it just drop out of the sky or did you outbid everyone?

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, sacentaur said:

Fox heaven. :cloud9:

Billy, I see you have a mixture of slabs and raws... is there a method to the madness?

the books were originally bought based on availability, with raw v. slabbed being of minor concern.  but i've upgraded a large % of the run, since completing it, and almost every said upgrade has been into a certified book.

Took that video last summer after unslabbing all of those books.

11 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

So many special books in that pile.  Batman and Blue Beetle cost you some cash but an early Pep is hard to find.  Did it just drop out of the sky or did you outbid everyone?

I got it pretty cheap on an eBay Buy It Now. I lucked out that day.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Nice books! It was hard to see them through the glare, but from what I could tell, there's a lot of nice Gabby Hayes Westerns and New Teen Titans in there.

I'll put in an order for the Silver Streak 22 and the MMC 4. Oh, okay, the Magic Comics 15 too. 

16 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

the books were originally bought based on availability, with raw v. slabbed being of minor concern.  but i've upgraded a large % of the run, since completing it, and almost every said upgrade has been into a certified book.

Certifiable fer sure