• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

Those are great looking displays, Scrooge. The Mighty Mouse covers were surprisingly dynamic and it looks like you're making great progress in many directions!

Well, since there have been no Captain Marvel Adventures.....Here is what I have so far, not pictured are #87(CGC 8.5) and 150(2.0):

cma_iss_53_fc_thumb.jpgcma_iss_70_fc_thumb.jpgcma_71_mhec_fc_thumb.jpgcma_iss_71_fc_thumb.jpgcma_84_fc_thumb.jpgcma_iss_131_fc_crowley_thumb.jpgcma_iss_147_fc_thumb.jpg

Not much but I am getting there. I figure I will add another 4 to 6 before the end of the year. And, hopefully, another Mile High Book and a pre-bat Detective.

Edited by Timulty

hey Durden, I didn't know More Fun 32 had an Action 1 ad, very cool, I may have to get one as well just for that, (closest I'll get to and Action 1).

It's the closest I'll ever get to an Action #1 as well. I bought it already slabbed, but I'm going to crack it one of these days to check out the ad. I believe More Fun 31 & 32 both have the ad if I'm not mistaken. TEC #15 also has the ad.

I'm surprised there's not a copy of it posted in Zaid's promotional ad thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I cracked the slab, took a photo of the Action #1 advertisement and posted in the thread you linked. Thanks for the suggestion. thumbsup2.gif

Boy Comics, 49 issues and counting:

boy_collection.jpg

In the long run, which are more fun to read: Boy Comics or Crime does not Pay? popcorn.gif

Good question. popcorn.gif

And thanks for posting both long runs! Great stuff!

Well, since there have been no Captain Marvel Adventures.....Here is what I have so far, not pictured are #87(CGC 8.5) and 150(2.0):

cma_iss_53_fc_thumb.jpgcma_iss_70_fc_thumb.jpgcma_71_mhec_fc_thumb.jpgcma_iss_71_fc_thumb.jpgcma_84_fc_thumb.jpgcma_iss_131_fc_crowley_thumb.jpgcma_iss_147_fc_thumb.jpg

Not much but I am getting there. I figure I will add another 4 to 6 before the end of the year. And, hopefully, another Mile High Book and a pre-bat Detective.

great books Timulty, so does that "Wheel of death" on # 71actually work when you spin the book around ??

great books Timulty, so does that "Wheel of death" on # 71actually work when you spin the book around ??

It comes close, after you drink too many shots of tequila. I have 2 copies because the raw one is The Church Copy and #131 is one of The Crowley Copies.

Very cool that you have the Church copy, Timulty. thumbsup2.gif With the book in hand, is it obvious why people sell their souls to own one (in terms of freshness, gloss, color strike etc), or does it look like your basic very-high-grade copy?

Only 2 non-WW II covers.

Correct. And the other thing that makes them different is that they're the only covers in the group not done by Schomburg. thumbsup2.gif

Sweet! Let me know if you need my address again to send them to me as the prize for the correct answer... acclaim.gif

Very cool that you have the Church copy, Timulty. thumbsup2.gif With the book in hand, is it obvious why people sell their souls to own one (in terms of freshness, gloss, color strike etc), or does it look like your basic very-high-grade copy?

It isn't as stunning as some Church Copies I have seen. On the other hand this one is:

police_102_mhec_fc.jpg

I should have this Church copy by the End of the month, first of next month. cloud9.gif

Edited by Timulty