• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books from the Mystery Box for sale on Ebay

73 posts in this topic

Wondering if some of these aren't some kind of bizzare misprints, some of the cuts don't even make sense

Definitely not a misprint. The only thing I can think of is that they had some disgusting rat chew or bug chew along the edge and someone tried to "salvage" them by trimming off the disgusting part. Obviously ill-advised and poorly executed . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Definitely not a misprint. The only thing I can think of is that they had some disgusting rat chew or bug chew along the edge and someone tried to "salvage" them by trimming off the disgusting part. Obviously ill-advised and poorly executed . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For what it's worth, I think David's theory here makes the most sense. I have an early Weird Comics where brittle/uneven edges were similarly trimmed off by some earlier owner...the book is beautiful, but quite a bit "svelter" than it should be. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess with the owner of the Batmans, either the unknown damage was much more extensive, or else he had some major scissors control problems.....

Best of luck with the auctions, krighton! Very much enjoyed your posts and your discoveries. thumbsup2.gif

For what it's worth, I think David's theory here makes the most sense. I have an early Weird Comics where brittle/uneven edges were similarly trimmed off by some earlier owner...the book is beautiful, but quite a bit "svelter" than it should be. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess with the owner of the Batmans, either the unknown damage was much more extensive, or else he had some major scissors control problems.....

Best of luck with the auctions, krighton! Very much enjoyed your posts and your discoveries. thumbsup2.gif

...Wait-a-minute,...the little old lady,..did she live in Floral Park NY and lift a lot of weights?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...Wait-a-minute,...the little old lady,..did she live in Floral Park NY and lift a lot of weights?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif early hammer prototypes? 27_laughing.gif